My 1st Super Bronc VT-8

The only thing I lack getting removed is 1 handle bar. I just have to let PB Blaster do its work and not hurry it. I had the old tires removed from the rims this morning. My new ones will be in tomorrow. I just got off the phone w/the sandblaster and they quoted $40 to blast the frame. Maybe get the wheels done for a little extra. I got a piece of Marine plywood to replace the old wood in the seat. Toomanytoys and ...666,Thanks for the pics. I'm chomping at the bit to keep moving forward.

that`s going to be a really nice bike when completed. ...great find!!!

we have 3 super broncs and smaller heald trail bike.
one of the super broncs has carlisle rounded profile 22x11-8 on it and it handles very well.

another one that is almost completed, has 18x950-8 , for a lower profile appearance.
the other is a primered frame. i have all the parts,...just haven`t decided on color , engine size, tires etc.

Big Jim

another one that is almost completed, has 18x950-8 , for a lower profile appearance.
the other is a primered frame. i have all the parts,...just haven`t decided on color , engine size, tires etc.
Did you use the stock 10" wide Super Bronc wheels? How did you get the tires to seat the beads??!?!?!?
I bought a pair of 20 x 8 x 8 cannot seat the :censure::censure::censure: beads!! The tire looks too narrow.

hey big jim.
i use the smaller golf cart or trailer type wheels. i have some 18x850-8 tires that i use on my grandsons trike.

if my memory serves me correct the wheels were 7" wide,..with a 4 bolt pattern.
check out ebay,..discount tires or a golf cart stores etc., in you area.

the white steel wheels don`t cost much.
hope that helps.

I got my 21x12x8 tires in this morning. I ordered them on Wednesday afternoon from Maniac for $117.20 to the door. Top Shelf shipper. I got the other handle bar out this morning and heading to the sandblaster this afternoon.

Here are my latest Pics of Powder coated wheels, frame and my new tires. I got the frame and wheels sandblasted and powder coated for $100. I also got the motor from the original owner. I did not get the chain guard that has the Super Bronc logo on it. Is this part being reproduced?

Attachments

I started this thread 2 1/2 yrs ago and the last pics are where I stopped. Well I bought the contents of the house where I bought this Super Bronc and I thought I would update this thread. These people were old and have now passed on. The 1st couple of pics are of the inside of the house. The other pics are very exciting for me and makes me very very lucky. I might need to buy a couple of Lotto tickets.

What more could I ask for??? As you can tell by the pictures of where I found the last paper work I figured I had found all I was going to find. WRONG!!! I was working in the kitchen boxing up stuff I had found. I pulled out the roll around dishwasher and this is what I found behind it. Can you say, Provenance. This is the "Mother Load" or at least I think so.

Interesting litterature you found...

I started this thread 2 1/2 yrs ago and the last pics are where I stopped. Well I bought the contents of the house where I bought this Super Bronc and I thought I would update this thread. These people were old and have now passed on. The 1st couple of pics are of the inside of the house. The other pics are very exciting for me and makes me very very lucky. I might need to buy a couple of Lotto tickets.
I never saw a tryke photo nor seen one until I saw your picture of the factory line up.

I found this on craigs yesterday. it looks just like each other but has luggage racks and bench seat. Wonder if this tryke is original or not or maybe a special order bike from the factory ??? What do you guy's think ??? I think it has a rather large motor in it maybe a 20 hp.

Super Tryke by Herald Three Weeler

Anyway to the guy who got his bike - nice score on the bike good luck getting it running. :thumbsup: I've rode these and crack the trottle and it stands straight up in the air and gets going so fast in one half of a city block I'm grabbing brakes to get it barely slowed down enough to avoid blowing the stop sign. Awesome running motors for sure...

Last edited:
I never saw a tryke photo nor seen one until I saw your picture of the factory line up.

I found this on craigs yesterday. it looks just like each other but has luggage racks and bench seat. Wonder if this tryke is original or not or maybe a special order bike from the factory ??? What do you guy's think ??? I think it has a rather large motor in it maybe a 20 hp.

Super Tryke by Herald Three Weeler
Besides the tires and wheels, that looks like an all original SuperTryke. The seat looks like it has been reupholstered too. It's an older SuperTryke (70's) based off the frame length and floorboard.

I'm sure you guys are tired of looking at this thread. However I was back in the hoarders house and this is my latest find. The photograph is from 1981. This is the original owner that I bought it from with his niece and nephew. The Heald brochure is postmarked 11/3/72.

Last edited: