Recent content by RCB19

1. R

Engine cuts out at high rpm, comes back and keeps revving

Different style/manufacturer metering jets will most likley cause some differences in the way the carb is tuned based in the demand from the engine. Given jet size/style from a different maker wont be the same as another therefore final tune up requirements as far as jet size wont be the same...
  2. R

Engine cuts out at high rpm, comes back and keeps revving

I had the same problem you are describing on one of my motors and sounded very similar to the sound you posted. In short the problem was the newer version Chikuni carbs that are being sold now that come with the Kehin style pilot jets and a Mikuni style main. Could never get those to run right...
  3. R

Black Mamba Jr. vs Sr.

If you dont mind me asking who did your cylinder head for you. I am in the market as well and hoping to find a guy who knows what he is doing. Not much info out there on the web for guys who port heads. Thanks RCB
  4. R

A couple of questions about the Chikuni-22 Carb

Thanks Ole. The flat spring clip is in place. As far as the jet needle starting point. Clip on center notch even though nylon washer under it raises the needle a notch? Thanks RCB
  5. R

So another question arises. Was checking the jet needle and noticed that there was a small nylon washer placed under the clip which to me essentially raises the needle equivalant to one clip slot without having to actually move the clip. Clip came out of the box placed in the center position...
  6. R

Thanks for the info Ole. I checked the float level as you described and turns out it was set on the high side right out of the box. Bent the little tab up and leveled it out. Also disassembled the entire card and blew every hole out with compressed air just make sure it was all clean. Ordered...
  7. R

I recently purchased a new Chikuni VM-22 and want to check the float height before I install it. Had issues in the past with floats being out of adjustment right out of the box so I want to check that before I install it. Does anybody know the correct specs for the float height on these? and...
  8. R

212 predator spark plug gap

Just curious as to what you guys and some of the engine builders are gapping the spark plug at. I know the stock engine manual calls for .027-.031 but that seems kind of narrow. I have the non hemi engine with arc flywheel, +.20 rod, Isky Mamba Jr cam, stock head but fitted with stock size...
  9. R

Pedator 212 Fuel Starvation

Were the Governors removed?
  10. R

clone trouble starting

Have you tried increasing the size of your low speed jet? If using a stock carb configuration that will help these tings start much easier. Stock size is .016 and alot of guys end up around .022
  11. R

Max torque clutch install question

I would read this before you add a spacer. It makes perfect sense and works flawlessly. Dont worry about the section on cutting down washers to create more shaft length. Your HF shaft is already long enough to allow for float. Clutches
  12. R

Mamba Jr cam. with 1.3:1 rockers, Which springs will work with Predator?

I just recently installed the Mamba Jr. with 26# springs and 1.3 rockers into my 212. No problems whatsoever with coil bind. However I did upgrade the rest of the valve trane while I was at it with stainless valves, locks & retainers, chromoly push rods and a better guide plate. Wanted it to be...
  13. R

Piston Ring gap Orientation Predator

Thanks guys. 120 is always what I set the rings at in my Chevy engines that I have built but I thought i'd ask about the clones since they are a new adventure for me. Thanks again.
  14. R

Piston Ring gap Orientation Predator

Got a brand new 212 Predator that I tore down to replace stock rod with an ARC billet. Does any of you guys know where the piston ring gaps should be clocked on the piston before I install into the bore? I know they should be staggered but where on these engines is my question. Thanks
  15. R

Which Predator??

The only difference is the 69727 is set up to run very lean in order to pass Calif emission requirements. If you plan on running your engine completely stock then buy the 69730. It runs much better in stock form. If you plan on doing some mods to the engine right away then it really doesnt...