Recent content by Tmuenster

1. T

GX 270 running too rich?

My Bad Dog with a Honda GX 270 might be running too rich. It starts easily and idles fine. However, it sputters a bit under full throttle then back fires when you let off the throttle. Does anyone know how to adjust the air/fuel mixture on the GX 270? Mine is bone stock. Thanks, Tom
  2. T

Open Class- Bad Dog Gigantic (Newbie)

Another pic...
  3. IMG_05891

IMG_05891

4. T

The Bad Dog project continues.... Today I had a little time so I sanded and primed the frame, painted some engine parts, and treated the aluminum wheels to Shark Skin. The Shark Skin should keep the wheels and fenders looking good. I am going for a military/utility look. The paint is an...
  5. IMG_05871

IMG_05871

Fenders and wheels with Shark Skin coating
  6. IMG_05861

IMG_05861

The 9hp engine
  7. IMG_05852

IMG_05852

Olive Drab for the engine parts
  8. IMG_05842

IMG_05842

9. T

Thanks for the tip. I followed your advice and had better luck. I did a couple of "full power" runs on the bike tonight and the chain was fine. One more thought: Wide open throttle + TAV + 9 hp = Wheelie + :laugh: This bike has some grunt! The top speed is not great but it has an...
  10. T

I have taken the bike out for two test rides and the chain broke on both runs. I thought I had it lined up on the drive pulley of the TAV but something is not right. The connecting link came apart both times. Any thoughts?
  11. T

Well, looks like I am out of time and my minibike is not finished. I was able to get it operational over the weekend. It runs and rides great!! Now, I just need a few tweaks and some paint.
  12. IMG_05803

IMG_05803

The engine in place
  13. IMG_05794

IMG_05794

The spacers under the engine.
  14. IMG_0575

IMG_0575

The bike in running condition
  15. IMG_05732

IMG_05732

Plugged the hole left by cutting off the oil filler with an epoxy. Strong stuff.