what are you listening to v.2.0

I74

I kind of like the Blackfoot one ...I won't say better but....
Rick Medlocke of Blackfoot,, is a ''monster'' musician !
Saw them the first time in 1980,, when they opened for AC/DC.

My fav. song off of ''Strikes'',, is, & has always been,, ''Baby Blue'' . :cool:

I

That whole album is great...my brother is about 7 years older that me...he knew who they were but when I played the whole album he was in aww. He learned most of the songs on guitar after that.

I74

That whole album is great...my brother is about 7 years older that me...he knew who they were but when I played the whole album he was in aww. He learned most of the songs on guitar after that.
Yea,, that whole composition is pretty fun to play on Bass too.
Some of it is pretty frigg'n fast though,, & I got to be limbered up pretty good,, plus having energy ,, to play it.
Sucks getting old,, but playing classic rock ect. on Bass,, always helps my cardio, head,, & joints,, & always makes me feel younger & better,, during & after playing .. :)
I try to get in one or two hrs. of it per week,, mostly on Fri. eves.
Usually do Soup & a baby asprin with my dinner,, before practice,, & that helps ''a lot'' ! ;)

Added,,
For those interested,, here's a list of my top 5 ''fav''. Bass players....

1- Dee Murray - Elton John
2 -John Paul Jones - Zep.
3- Gary Thane - Uriah Heep
4- Bob Babbit - Motown session player
5- Geddy Lee - Rush

I

Last edited:

I74

Oh my goodness this will date me for sure.

Carowinds senior night 1975...Sugarloaf was the headliner band.

A relatively unknown band at the time, named Styx...was the opener !

:)
Damn !
1975 ,, & Styx probably just finished , or were still working on,, their ''all time'' greatest album ,- ''Equinox'',, which is also to this day,, one of the most epic & premier classic Rock albums ever made ! ;)
Dennis DeYoung is my all time fav. keyboardist,''from that time'',, & was frigg'n ''steller'' back then !
I