Baja Doodle Bug 97cc Mini Bike Upgrades

Ok so I have a Baja Doodle Bug 97cc mini bike and I was just wondering if there are any upgrades I can do to it?
Google is your friend. Do a search by entering "Baja Doodlebug upgrades and mods." Make sure you are in a nice comfortable chair as their are LOTS of posts and YouTube videos so you will be reading (and learning!) for quite awhile.
Michael

Google is your friend. Do a search by entering "Baja Doodlebug upgrades and mods." Make sure you are in a nice comfortable chair as their are LOTS of posts and YouTube videos so you will be reading (and learning!) for quite awhile.
Michael
ok i do have another question my old recoil starter broke and i took it off and I kind of lost the bolts that held it on and i just got a new one. I've looked for the bolts online and i cant find them nor can i find the dimensions to use other bolts

Michael
Quite a few questions on Google actually refer the folks to this site for answers.
So, some of these new members actually ARE searching the net for answers.
YOU are one of the experts, Sir.

Quite a few questions on Google actually refer the folks to this site for answers.
So, some of these new members actually ARE searching the net for answers.
YOU are one of the experts, Sir.
Yes, you are correct that a Google search will refer them back to this forum and MANY previous discussion threads on the very topic the OP is asking about. LOTS of good information in those threads, however, many seem to not take the time to actually really read them and get some answers. Sooo.... instead of putting in some effort and doing some research FIRST they instead ask here and we end up "reinventing the wheel" every time a "Baja Doodlebug upgrade" question comes up.

"GIVE a man a fish you feed him for a day. TEACH a man to fish and you find him for a lifetime." ancient proverb
By the way, I am no "expert" on anything..... LOL
Michael

Ok so I have a Baja Doodle Bug 97cc mini bike and I was just wondering if there are any upgrades I can do to it?
The best bet would be to upgrade to a bigger engine rather than spend a bunch of money on that engine. However you can make some cheap upgrades that will get you 1-2 hp. $20 adjustable carb on Amazon comes with 2 jets. Put in a less restriction air filter and flip the plastic insert that blocks off airflow. Drill out the baffle in the exhaust and remove the very restrictive spark arrestor.

Attachments

I often wonder how some of these people make it through the day. If they're younger it's even worse. They've grown up with the internet and should know how to research stuff. I guess I'm really not that surprised though after seeing how many stupid questions and wrong info gets posted on the minibike reddit. I've mostly quit trying to help anyone posting on there.

I often wonder how some of these people make it through the day. If they're younger it's even worse. They've grown up with the internet and should know how to research stuff. I guess I'm really not that surprised though after seeing how many stupid questions and wrong info gets posted on the minibike reddit. I've mostly quit trying to help anyone posting on there.
Exactly what Strigoi said^^^ and was the essence of my previous reply. So many are coming on here w/o doing ANY research/internet searches- THEY ARE LAZY. They expect US to do the internet searches for them, and expect US to provide them with the links for information. These lazy people need to put forth some EFFORT.
Michael

Last edited:
I agree, but my point was that their visit here was/is a part of their internet search.
They found this site while googling for answers.
Then they should READ those (previously posted) answers/threads that they found from coming to this site , and, (heaven forbid) put in some actual EFFORT and perform a "Search"on this site and research for any additional answers/threads pertinent to their question(s).
Michael

Yes, they should try looking for the answers before they ask someone else to figure it out for them.
Nobody ever told them that.
I have a 10 year old who has no phone. He is testing as "academically gifted" in math and reading.
The schools still teach punctuation.