Search results

1. EagleTalons

Throttle without Gov Arm

How would someone hook the throttle up without the governor arm? I pulled the governor arm off of my engine because I did not want it, but now I don't know how to hook the throttle up... This is a 6.5 Greyhound stock carb.
  2. EagleTalons

Briggs 5 hp filter and adapter.

I am selling a paper/mesh filter and Billet Adapter that have never been used. The filter is mesh and paper composite. The adapter has set screws to screw onto the carb of a Flathead. I am asking $20 for the filter and adapter. I will not sell them apart. I live in Montana. I will take paypal or...
  3. EagleTalons

Max Torque SS Clutch

I have a Max Torque SS Clutch. It has been used, but with a light rider and was not overheated or warped. I am asking $10 for it. It has a 3/4" bore with #35 pitch teeth. It has 12 teeth. I am in Montana. I will only take paypal or a money order. Pictures.
  4. EagleTalons

Hillard Extreme Duty Clutch

I have a Hillard Extreme Duty Clutch that can take 13hp. It has a 3/4" bore. The teeth are 40/41 chain pitch. It was tested once and got scratched up some how in my tool box. I'm asking $35 for it. I live in Montana. I will only take paypal or a money order. Pictures.
  5. EagleTalons

Clone mods

I just bought a new clone yesterday for $119.99. Now, that I have it home. What mods are the best "bang for your buck" with the governor removed? Also, I need to figure out how to get a tav onto it, as I really love my tav on my flathead, don't want to have to get rid of it! I'll be posting...
  6. EagleTalons

Worst Wrecks.

What is your worst wreck? I just had mine a few minutes ago. On my briggs 5hp with tav. I was going to take off and I gave about 3/4 throttle and it sputtered a little and did a burn out! It then caught on some of the gravel and threw the front end up and I slid off the back. While I was...
  7. EagleTalons

Briggs Intek 5.5HP

I have a Briggs Intek 5.5HP with a bad head on it. Are these worth modding? I don't want to go that fast on it. A good top would be around 45mph, but most of my cruising time would be spent around 25-30 mph. Also, is there any 15 degree motor mounts that bolt onto the engine plate? I need...
  8. EagleTalons

Savable?

Well, I'd better start at the beginning. I reused the old piston and rings. They were marked 6...or 9. It was running fine until I noticed that the side cover gasket was leaking. So, I took off the engine and got the cover off. The gasket hadn't sealed. I decided that since I was in here, I was...
  9. EagleTalons

Valve noise

I have clicky sounds coming from my valve cover. I know that I did grind the clearance a tad wide. Does this hurt the engine? This is a Flathead 5hp. Blue Briggs.
  10. EagleTalons

Knapman21 Scammer Alert!

Knapman21 has scammed multiple members at DIY Go Karts. His name is Dylan Knapman. If you see his name any where please! Pass this on! Links. knapman21 a scammer? 250cc shifter kart for sale RUNS PERFECT! - DIY Go Kart Forum Must Sell! Moving Off Road Go Karts! - DIY Go Kart Forum I have...
  11. EagleTalons

Briggs won't start

After lapping the valves and installing a new rod, my engine won't start. I'm sure the cam and crank are lined up. When I hit it with ether, it will sometimes puff a little smoke. Also I am getting a nice spark. I'm not really sure what's wrong...
  12. EagleTalons

Mikuni 22VM

I have a Mikuni 22VM that needs parts number 7 and 1, but I don't know where to find parts for these at... http://www.mikuni.com/pdf/vmmanual.pdf This is the parts guide I used.
  13. EagleTalons

Briggs 5 hp gas tank

Currently I am switching the gas tank on my briggs to another location. Has anyone ever did this before? I wish to keep the stock carb.
  14. EagleTalons

Briggs 5 hp flywheel

This is a picture of the starter clutch on my briggs 5hp. I have no clue how it comes off. The engine code for parts list is 130232-3194-01.