Search results

1. slam49

ignition timing

what is the stock timing set at on 5 horse flatties? I need to know this value so i know how much to move it. also the offset keys come in thousandths. how many degrees per .020, or how do they figure that, is it 1 degree for every .010 offset?
  2. slam49

mikuni vm22, making intake

I have this taper bore vm22 and I'm making an intake for it. My question is, should my intake flange cover this hole or leave it open to atmosphere, or does it matter? It's hard to see in the hole but it looks like it's plugged right before it gets to the idle mixture screw which is right...
  3. slam49

are scrub brakes good enough?

I'm rebuilding an old mini bike and honestly ive never ridden one that i can really rememeber the brakes on.. this bike i'm building has a scrub brake which is fine but I was thinking about adding a drum brake to the rear wheel also. maybe integrate the scrub brake petal so it pulls the drum...
  4. slam49

gaskets and parts questions

im getting ready to go thru my 5hp flathead. the goal is to remove govenor, install arc rod, maybe some new valve springs. thats it for now. in the future id like to keep going and do a cam, lifters, flywheel, etc, but for now i'm just keeping it simple and cheaper.. I am going to a float type...
  5. slam49

new tires

where can I find new tires for my old bike? I have searched around but i'm pretty sure they don't sell the size that are on my bike. they are 5" wheels but the tires are about 13" tall. I don't really want to replace them with a shorter tire because it will kill the looks, and I don't really...
  6. slam49

my motor won't fit

i'm trying to put a 5 hp briggs in my bike, the bolt pattern lines right up, but the clutch doesn't line up with the rear sprocket.. my question is would a 3 or 3.5 hp briggs be narrower? as in the clutch not hanging off the bolt pattern so far.. i already spaced the rear sprocket off the...
  7. slam49

problem finding tire size

my bike has 5" rims and the tires that are on it now measure around 13" tall.. i was looking at getting new tires but it seems that most of the 5" tires are 4.10x3.50x5 which are about 11.5" tall is there still a tire availabe for the 5" rim taller than 11.5"? here is a pic of...
  8. slam49

60t #40/41 sprocket hub

i have a 6 bolt hub set up with for the 4 1/2 drum brake, i'm looking for a 60 tooth sprocket to fit it, must be the bigger #40/41 pitch looking for a good used one or new and cheap
  9. slam49

what is it?

got this off a wanted add on craigslist, an older gentlemen delivered it to me for 25 bucks, and i couldn't be more happy its exactly like what i wanted. i also bought it site unseen, he told me, he had it when he was a kidd in the 60's and thought it was a Rupp.. i looked through alot of...