Search results

1. klapool

Governor question

My son and I are building a trailhorse together. I picked up a honda 4 hp GX120 gas powered water pump. We pulled the pump and fit the engine into the trailhorse. What we are finding is the engine wont idle down to release the clutch and when we start the engine the rear tire is going...
  2. klapool

GX 120 4 hp idle issues

I'm installing a 4 hp Honda GX 120 engine on my trail horse. It is an old pump engine that the pump casing corroded. So I have a max torque clutch and the idle speed of the engine is high enough to keep the clutch engaged. Is there something I can do to get the idle slowed to it can be...
  3. klapool

Picked up a couple of new (to me) old Hondas.

I picked up a couple of Honda GX 120, 4 horse engines. They are old but good runners. 3/4" shafts. One is going on my old trail horse the other, well... Who knows! I picked them for nothing as they were being junked out
  4. klapool

clinton/ Deni carb question

We got the Omni running and a seat put on. It ran just perfectly for about a half an hour. then it just quit. If I pull the enricher it runs perfectly but if I let it go, it dies. It isnt really a choke it just add fuel directly into the carb. Any ideas what might have happened? Dirt in...
  5. klapool

Found this on a Cafe Racer site

Just thought this was interesting! Stupid homemade dirt motorbike for those who like bikes (eBay item 170593401126 end time 31-Jan-11 13:05:09 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats
  6. klapool

Its cold and snowy and the pond is frozen...

So here's the idea. I want to fit a snow ski to the front forks of one of the mini's and take it out on the pond. The pond if frozen over a foot thick and were going stir crazy! Has anyone done this? Any suggestions or ideas?
  7. klapool

Got a new mini today

xEeClaLyUSQ The rake on this thing is insane, We need to bend the bars forward as it gets really squirrly at speed. The skull on the front is a testament to the wild ride this thing has. It has a scrub brake. a foot pedal which scrubs against the back tire. It works but not as well as...
  8. klapool

New Horse in the stable

xEeClaLyUSQ The rake on this thing is insane, We need to bend the bars forward as it gets really squirrly at speed. The skull on the front is a testament to the wild ride this thing has. It has a scrub brake. a foot pedal which scrubs against the back tire. It works but not as well as...
  9. klapool

Which engine to pick???

Next week I am picking up another mini. The engine is frozen but the guy said I could pick another engine to go with it to get it running. It has a briggs on it now but he said he has other running briggs and tecumseh engines and I could pick whatever I wanted. I have minis with sach's...
  10. klapool

Finally got it running

I work for a utility company and I work on their equiptment and keep it running. I was working on a sump pump which has a 5 horse briggs on it just like this. I replaced the fuel pump diaphram and then the gasket between the head and carb. I have the fuel mix screw backed out about 3/4...
  11. klapool

Holy moly!!!

ElClrnTGrEk
  12. klapool

Pulling the crank

Is there any info out there for a step by step procedure of pulling the cranks to have a keyway cut. I have two 5 horse briggs with a 5/8" shaft. My cousin who is a machinist said he would cut the keyway for free.
  13. klapool

Clutch options???

I have a 5 horse briggs with a 5/8ths inch shaft with no spline. Is there a clutch that will fit this? Everything Ive seen is 3/4"
  14. klapool

Havent been around much

Ever since the wether got nice weve been riding and working on the minis. My son "Bad Biker Dude" (10) did most of the work on this Scat Cat. Put a 6.5 HP harbor freight engine in and Holy Moly does it go! Its crazy insane!! We had some friends over and we put it through the paces...
  15. klapool

Brake pads

I pulled the rear brake drum on my Scat Cat and one of the pad was separated from the drum. Is is possible to glue the pad back on?
  16. klapool

B and S carb question

At work there is a heater that used to be used to heat valve pits where natural gas valves are located underground. But OSHA said the heaters were not safe enough to use so new improved heaters were bought. This one particular heater we used to use has been sitting collecting dust and I...
  17. klapool

I Have a sickness

I am on a crew truck that needed work today. We took the truck to the garage and while the mechanics were working on it, I found myself in need of using the restroom. I went to the facility and as I entered the handicap stall, (More Room) I noticed the magazine rack mounted on the wall...
  18. klapool

Picked up my HF 6.5 today

On sale today and tomorrow for $129.99 and with the 20% off coupon I for $103.99 I bought it today because I figured if it went back up to regular price and with a 25% coupon I would pay a bit more. I actually made a haul today... All my gift cards got me these and I still have over 16 bucks...
  19. klapool

Cheapskate 18 pound valve springs

Has anyone just stretched the stock springs so they have more force? I know it probably wouldn't be a long term solution to buying heavier springs.
  20. klapool

how to threads

I have been using the info of this site for several months now and I am in awe of the skills represented on this board. I hold my hat off to you all. The question I have is, is there any "How To" threads. For example, I received about $150.00 in Harbor Freight gift cards for my birthday...