Search results

1. furyus

1970 Rupp Sprint

Put my Sprint up on CL: Vintage 1970 Rupp Sprint Minibike 1970 Rupp Sprint. Survivor, but barely. One year model only in this configuration. Has a rusted but restoreable chain guard - very hard to find. Lots of rust but completely salvageable. Needs total restoration. Includes extra Tecumseh...
  2. furyus

1970 Rupp Sprint Palooza

Practically everything you'll ever need to restore and maintain a 1970 Rupp Sprint, starting with this rusted-out original. Included in sale is an extra bead-blasted frame, two complete front ends, two extra swing arms, two extra fuel tanks, an original seat with no tears, two handlebars with...
  3. furyus

RobRon Super Dart

I scored this sweetie off CL this weekend, and I am in love. It's a '76 or '77 RobRon Super Dart in nearly perfect original condition. When Rupp folded, a gentleman named Robert Stanton bought all the jigs and blueprints for Rupp's karts. You can still get a new A Bone from Robert today...
  4. furyus

Rupp Animal

I'm sure it's been done, in fact, I'm sure I've seen pics on OldMiniBikes of Rupps with Animal engines. I'm curious if anyone can tell me how they made a Briggs Animal fit on a '70 Rupp slanted frame. Tips and tricks? 'preciate it. furyus
  5. furyus

Project: Red Barchetta

My Uncle Preserved For Me An Old Machine, For Fifty-Odd Years. To Keep It As New Has Been His Dearest Dream. I Strip Away The Old Debris That Hides A Shining Car. A Brilliant Red Barchetta From A Better, Vanished Time. I Fire Up The Willing Engine, Responding With A Roar. Tires Spitting Gravel...
  6. furyus

Dude is missing his calling...

Should be in used, er, previously enjoyed auto sales. 3 1/2 TECUMSEH ENGINE WITH NEW CLUTCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!! | eBay furyus
  7. furyus

Lil' Indian Front Fork

I'm not sure of the model, but I've included a pic for reference. Prefer something with original red paint (and straight, of course), but will consider all. Please shoot me a PM if you have one for sale and can ship to Virginia. Prefer PayPal, and I'll pay your fees. Thanks! furyus
  8. furyus

Feather, Not Dot

I don't know if that'll be the best way to explain the name of my new mini-bike to my little nephews' good friends, who happen to be first generation Americans whose mother is from India. My goodness is their mother good-looking. Every time I see her I think "holy cow," which is totally...
  9. furyus

1970 Rupp Frame

I'm looking for a 1970 Rupp frame with original red paint. If the paint is faded, scratched and the frame is rusty, that's OK, as long as it is not broken or repaired (welded). Prefer one with the ID sticker, My preference would be a Sprint frame, with a Sprint front end, but any 1970 frame...
  10. furyus

1970 Rupp-specific H35 Shroud

I'm looking for a 1970 Rupp-specific H35 engine shroud or engine with original silver paint, preferably with decals, too. Should be original silver paint. Rough is fine - I do not want a restored piece. Fragments of decals fine, too. Will consider entire engine if available, but again, I need an...
  11. furyus

Tec Bowl Carb without Slanted Intake

Curious as to how well the Tec bowl carb will run on a slanted Rupp motor mount without the slanted intake manifold. Have a line on a newer (95) H35 I thought I may use on a Sprint. Any experience running a Tec motor slanted without the slanted manifold? Thanks, furyus
  12. furyus

Rupp Swing Arms

Were 1970 Rupp swing arms the same throughout the model line up? I know the frame changed in '71. I'm curious if the swing arm off a 10" wheel Roadster, for example, is compatible with a 6" Sprint wheel, and if it would still be correct. Thanks for your help. furyus
  13. furyus

Grease!

In the process of cleaning and and de-rusting my Black Widow. It's coming along nicely; I'll be updating my project log soon. I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with this bike, but at minimum it's a project for the future. I'm going to re-assemble it after it's cleaned up and I'm wondering what...
  14. furyus

Rupp TC1 Jackshaft Disassembly

Wow, taking my Black Widow down to the bare frame has turned out to be a lot more work than I anticipated. A previous owner either was a massive gorilla or used power tools to install the rear shocks. The little bushings in the shock eyes were completely distorted and had actually started...
  15. furyus

Newer Tecumseh, Older Carb

This engine is on ebay tight now: Vintage 3.5 H.P TECUMSEH Minibike Engine NEW - eBay (item 120661422728 end time Dec-23-10 18:44:12 PST) Can I take the stock 1970 diaphragm carb and exhaust off my 3/12 and use them on this engine? Are older shrouds compatible with the newer engine? I'd...
  16. furyus

Preserving a Survivor: 1971 Rupp Black Widow

I'm starting a new project thread for my 1971 Rupp Black Widow. I bought this bike for the original Tecumseh HS40 and the NOS Dellorto UA19S that came with it. I want the engine and carb for one of my Rupp Sprints. I had placed this bike in the OldMiniBikes classifieds for sale, but the darn thing has...
  17. furyus

Survivor Preservation

One of my Rupps is in unrestored condition. The original paint is faded and worn away in some places - light surface rust now exists. I intend on tearing the bike down and giving it a thorough cleaning. I will not be replacing bearings and other hardware, just re-assembling as original. The bike...
  18. furyus

Rupp Black Widow Roller Northern Virginia

The more I look at this bike the more I want to keep it, but I can't take on another project right now. I believe this is an authentic, unrestored Rupp Black Widow. I've included a pic of the ID tag which has the correct number (2) in the second position of the ID. The rear fender is correct...
  19. furyus

Brand New Rupp Black Widow

And someone bid! Oh, wait... it has new tires - it must be brand new. BRAND NEW RUPP BLACK WIDOW MINI BIKE MINIBIKE!! - eBay (item 110619628196 end time Dec-09-10 17:31:39 PST) There is so much wrong here. furyus
  20. furyus

So for $8.00 more per Month...

Kid's will get the Rupps I'm building (I can barely fit on a Sprint) so this one's for me. Traded the orange '09 that I bought new for an '11 XR1200X. Sure hope it gets warm again soon. furyus