Search results

1. H

ProMod Jackshaft

I have a less than one year old ProMod Jackshaft kit, less the chain. It is in perfect shape, except it has some white lithium grease sprayed on it. It comes with instructions. It worked great on the stock DB30 engine and was perfect for hauling my son around, but the stock carb is such a...
  2. H

Crank Shaft Play

My son has a doodle bug that is stock with the exception of a ProMod jackshaft (which we love, by the way). I noticed this weekend while lubing the cluch bushing that the crank shaft has about 1/16 inch or slightly more of play in it. It is not side to side, but in and out. That doesn't seem...
  3. H

Need exhaust pipe on HF 6.5 hp?

I read somewhere (comments to a youtube video of all places) that, if you are using the HF 6.5 hp Honda Clone in a mini-bike application, you cannot use the factory muffler and that such use would result in burnt exhaust valves. Is that correct? Do I really need to put a pipe on this thing...
  4. H

Piston Slap?

Greetings. Just joined; intro is in the proper section. After adjusting the chain, loosening the throttle stop screw, loosening the brake adjustment and lubing everything, this mini-bike is pulling my 9 year old around just fine, even hills. Although, that wasn't the case right out of the...
  5. H

Introduction

Greetings. Just joined; what a great site. My son just got a DB30 for his 9th birthday. I was really worried at first about the lack of power and I could see he was trying hard to hide his disappointment. Then we (i) adjusted the brake so it wouldn't drag; (ii) loosened the chain a bit...