Search results

1. H

1973 Rupp Roadster with frozen suspension on front forks.

I just bought this Rupp Roadster and just noticed yesterday the front suspension is frozen. I put quite a bit of tension on the forks with ratchet straps and it did not compress at all. Would anyone have some suggestions on how to free this up and how to disassemble the front forks for...
  2. H

Having carb issues with HS 50 mini bike I just bought.

I just bought a MiniBike with a HS 50 on it. It had a cheap replacement carb on it, and would only start for a few seconds on starting fluid. I took that carb apart and cleaned it but it looked brand new inside. It still was the same after cleaning and only ran a second on starting fluid. I...
  3. H

Looking for Cougar name plate.

I am looking for this cougar nameplate. It came on the 1970 and 71 power dyne minibike. Would anyone have one for sale? Thanks
  4. H

Cleaned out carb and gas tank but now no gas is getting in the bowl

I have a 5 hp power sport engine that was running only if I kept pushing the primer blub. I removed the carb and cleaned out the holes in the bowl bolt that were pluged up. I removed the float and needle and sprayed carb cleaner through all the holes in the carb. I also cleaned out the gas tank...
  5. H

Just bought manco red fox go kart (needs work)

I just bought a manco red fox go kart this weekend. The engine was off and the clutches were in the box with the engines. There were some spacers and other parts that I am unsure were they go. I will send some pictures and it would be great if someone could explain these parts to me. Also it has...
  6. H

Is it possible to change running rotation on a 6.5 clone

I want to put 2 clones on my go kart but for lack of space I will have to mount one in the reverse rotation. Someone told me you have to change the cam to do this, does any one know if this is true? Thanks Mike
  7. H

How does a H50 compare to a 6.5 clone

I just picked up a Harbor Freight 6.5 clone and was wondering if the power is close to a H50 Tecumseh? I had a H50 years ago and it ran great, I have not installed this clone on my go kart yet. I just wanted to know what to expect from this clone? Thanks Mike
  8. H

Will a chain clutch work a 1 1/4 lenght shaft

I have a Briggs 4 HP with a 1 1/4 lenght shaft. The shaft only goes about 3/4 of the way through the clutch. The sprocket of the clutch is on the out side of the motor, is there any way to extend the shaft with a bushing using a bolt that will go through the bushing and into the center of the...
  9. H

Best engine for low end torque

I have an older go kart that I am looking for an engine for. I am looking for something with a lot of low end torque. I have heard the briggs and starttion vanguard has more low end power than the clones. Would you recommend something bigger like a 346cc or a 414cc engine or am I better with a...
  10. H

Motor bikes for the late 60's early 70's

Does any one remember or have pictures of the motor bikes we used to build in the late 60s. We put these motors on 20 inch stingray frames with angle iron. We then have a sheaf brazed on the rear wheel for the fan belt. I never see any of these motor bikes any more. hd94vett
  11. H

Have any one heard or the brand Cougar mini bike

My dad gave one to me and my brother in 1972, it had 5 HP Tecumseh and front and rear springs. I would really like to find one. Has any one ever seen these for sale? I really dont know how many mini bikes this company made so it might be real hard to find one. Thanks hd94vett
  12. H

Best place to buy a Rupp Roadster

I seen some on e bay but is there any other sites out there? I really would like one in good condition and ready to ride but are you better off to find one that needs work and restore it? Its seems that parts can add up quick? Thanks hd94vett