Search results

1. philip metzner

10 inch wheels

I have a mini bike that came with these 10 inch wheels. I grabbed the pic elsewhere here on OldMiniBikes. The question is, mine is not a Rupp, did these come on any other bikes? It may help me find some. Mine were rotted in half.
  2. philip metzner

All American-El-Tigre

I only recently found out this what my first mini bike was. I have been looking around for any info I can find and it appears there are two different types. Mine was the type that had a fully suspended lower frame section. I would like to know more about when they were made. Was mine a early...
  3. philip metzner

finally i.d.'d my first mini

I bought this mini used about 41 years ago. I didnt know what make or model it was so it was hard to find any info on it. I have been looking at pictures here and everywhere for a long time and finally found some pictures of someone else's like it. It's funny that the search ended up bringing me...
  4. philip metzner

varnished up gas tank

Does anyone have a magic mixture that will clean out the stale gas varnish and crud?
  5. philip metzner

carb kit

I have three Tecumseh carbs on different bikes,(not Tec engines) that have bad bowl orings and needle seats. I dont know the model of the engines they came from and I havent seen any numbers on them. The place I got them from said they came from 6 hp engines. They are very run of the mill carbs...
  6. philip metzner

my first mini

i have been thinking about my first mini lately, and wonder if anyone may know what it was. i got it used, maybe in 72??? it had 5 inch aluminum wheels, and the rear wheel had the same bolt pattern for the sprocket, like a modern kart with two piece sprockets, cast right on the wheel. it had...
  7. philip metzner

scrambler colors

hey brandt, you didnt happen to get a picture of the gemini scrambler you saw did you? im wondering about the color sceme. im not sure the one i use for my avitar is exactly right or not. i remember from when i was a kid they were orange, but im not sure about the white bottom on the tank, and...
  8. philip metzner

brake shoes

hey guy's, after a sitting for a long time my linings fell off my brake shoes. any idea what will bond them back on? i got some j-b weld?
  9. philip metzner

wheel question

has anyone had any experience with the 10 inch azusa wheels? are they made well? does anyone have any used ones to sell? can anyone take a measurement of the width of the hub where the sprocket or brake would bolt up? i need to know if my stock sprocket will line up with my t.c. sprocket. in...
  10. philip metzner

pic's of my other project

ok guy's i got my wife here and she is going to try to post some pic's-phil
  11. philip metzner

my other project

i have another project that just needs brakes and paint. i built it loosely from plans from a old popular mechanics. its made out of a old 26 inch bicycle. it has knobie tires on 5 inch wheels and a mc92 MCculloch 2 cycle kart engine. it has a jackshaft with the clutch mounted on it. its direct...
  12. philip metzner

what lube for comet t.c.

what kinds of lubes have you guy's used for the flywieghts in the driver units? any comonly available stuff?-phil:scooter:
  13. philip metzner

my project

my project is my gemini scrambler, made by San Tong Co. it suposed to look like my avitar. i have waiting to get it from delaware down here to georgia and i got most of it. some remaining parts are being gathered up by my brother and shipped. i have been busy collecting up metric bolts and ball...
  14. philip metzner

tecumseh carb help

wile looking for a replacement carb for my hs50 i found one that looks good but the plastic fuel fitting is broke off the carb. there is a metel splined thing still in there. are the plastic fuel inlet fittings replacable??-phil:scooter:
  15. philip metzner

carb issues

i got my 5 h.p. tecumseh out today for the scrambler. after cleaning and gapping the points it lit right up with a prime of gas, but the carb is ruined. all my spare tec carbs have a smaller bore. anyone have a 5 h.p. tec carb body they dont want?-phil:scooter:
  16. philip metzner

gemini scrambler

hi folks, i have been tied up with other stuff for a wile. but i did just get most of my scrambler delivered down here to georgia, from delaware. so far i am missing some parts, but i think my brother has found most of it and i can get him to mail them.BUT i am realy messed up in one area, my...
  17. philip metzner

better pic of gemini scrambler

with the help of some great people i found this picture. except for the briggs engine this is how i remember them when they were new.-phil
  18. philip metzner

homemade mini

im going to try to post a picture here of a mini im building from a 1967 popular mechanics (i think) plan. its built from a 26 inch bicycle. they called for a clinton 2 cycle engine, but i wanted more power. it aint done yet, i need brake, throttle, paint, fenders.-phil
  19. philip metzner

post and pic

how come my post and picture didnt show up here?-phil
  20. philip metzner

Found a old pic of the Gemini

This is the Gemini that I have been asking for help on ID'ing. The seat is not original. Has anybody seen a mini-bike "cycle" like this? Phil:scooter: *Note: Edited by Hent. I re-sized and added your photo to the album for easier viewing.