Search results

1. Charlie D

re what bike is this

photo.JPG Anyone know what this might be ? Yea, can't seem to paste it , I will keep trying thanks Thanks Charlie
  2. Charlie D

Rupp question

I have a 1970 scrambler with a Tec 35 old motor with gov still on and is very quick, with a lot of low end torque. My 71 scrambler that I just rebuilt the TEC50 motor on, can't get out of it's own way .Motor was honed a bit to much however we didn't have much of a choice on that .Very poor low...
  3. Charlie D

Could be a Rupp or a cat

Or a cool cat riding a Rupp , he can't wait for the motor:scooter:This was my green scrambler with the blown up Hs50 that ate some rocks:doah:
  4. Charlie D

Rupp kickstand

Does anyone know where I can get a kickstand for my 1969 rupp sprint ?It is the bike in my avatar.OldMiniBikes has one but not to sure if that would work
  5. Charlie D

Tec carb help

The saga continues, rebuilt the tec hs50 went to fire it up and the fitting for the gas line was leaking and when I went to turn it it just popped out.What holds this in ?Should there be a rubber o ring? :confused: Thanks Charlie
  6. Charlie D

need help tec hs50

Can't get the crank cover off tapped pried tapped again what is the method,:confused:Thanks Charlie Feels to be hung up on the shaft?
  7. Charlie D

How many members have their first bike?

41 YRS AND STILL COUNTING FOR ME 1969 RUPP SPRINT:smile:
  8. Charlie D

Tec is this a problem?

Took the head off my HS50 today and the top of the piston has pitting all over the top of the piston , and on the head it looks like little pieces of metal welded onto the head .What would cause this and how to fix it ?Should I just file down the little flakes on the head and put it back...
  9. Charlie D

Rupp question

I have heard the question asked but never herd the answer, I have a scrambler project and want to powder coat it can the tank be powder coated as well .someone said the solder on the tank won't hold up to the heat . Thanks Charlie D
  10. Charlie D

TEC recoil

Anyone have a TEC recoil for a HS35 4 bolt pattern ? My spring broke today and I can't get the nut off to attempt to fix it .The previous owner destroyed the bolt . Thanks Charlie D
  11. Charlie D

Tec hs35 recoil wanted

HS35 RECOIL Wanted , mine broke today and I guess the previous owner tried taking the star nut off with something that ruined the star slot. Thanks Charlie D
  12. Charlie D

Tec help

Fired up my hs35 today and had oil coming out of the head bolt which is the center of the engine shroud , Does anyone know what would cause this .First time starting since I bought the bike .The motor runs, not well but it runs. Thanks Charlie
  13. Charlie D

Rupp question

1971 RUPP Scrambler , did they ever come with a white TEC motor ? Thanks Charlie
  14. Charlie D

Rupp drum brake

I am putting the rear back together , When I install the tension spring on the drum lever the brakes work backwards .Pull lever and the drum releases ,let the lever go and brake locks .Without the tension spring on the drum lever it works fine .Am I missing something .I have tried to fix for...
  15. Charlie D

Tec h35 problem

I have an original H35 rupp tec motor . rebuilt the carb, has a good spark, compression seems fine .When I can get it to run it runs wild for about 2 minutes then stalls out .It is a diaphram type carb .I don't know what to try next .Anyone have any ideas ...