Search results

1. L

RUPPSTER Photos

Richard, No the JLO 230 that came with it wasn't in great shape. A friend gave me a 290 Sacks that was in perfect shape so I stuffed that in there. If you'll notice the crome scoop on the rear deck, that's to leave room for the spark plug to stick up thru the body and provide more air to cool...
  2. L

RUPPSTER Photos

OK guys here's the photos of my Ruppeter, it's body hasn't been done up yet, still working and mech bugs out of it. The rims are GM metalic blue that the body will end up being. Last photo is of pedel set up I made being as the pedels were missing.
  3. L

Ruppster

I've found that cousin "Mossburg" does a pretty good job off scaring the bears away.:thumbsup:
  4. L

Ruppster

Team Cheap, James wants pic too, just never think to get any when the weathers nice and sunny so they turn out. Right now it's a light muddy brown from running thru the woods and almost burying it in the mud. Suppose to rain Sat, and Sun, but maybe I'll get it cleaned up Mon, and get a pic. Not...
  5. L

Ruppster

Well took the ruppster out on the road today to see what it'd do. Used my GPS and clocking it both ways I my average speed was 33mph. I weight 190lbs. Kind of hoped the Sachs 290 would do a little better then that. Now it's wait for a little warmer weather and off comes the body and the body...
  6. L

Ruppster

Well finally got all the mechanical bugs/modifications worked out and mounted the body today (body still in basket case state) for a quick test drive. Need to adj the pedals for better fit, and belt is a little too tight, start the motor and you take off right away, and hard to stop. Other then...
  7. L

Synthetic Oils

x-90Rider what ratio do you mix the Blue Marble oil for your antique sled motors? 40:1:confused:
  8. L

Synthetic Oils

My main worry is that the manual for my JLO 230 said not to use 2 cycle outboard motor oil. The JLO and Sachs are so similar as to be one in the same. These older motors used an OE30, or OE40 non-detergent motor oil gas mix. Just worried that the new synthetics might not work rightand I'll have...
  9. L

Synthetic Oils

Several other posts on a different forum talk about using synthetic oil and nice to have no smoke and not the extra carbon build-up on the plug and in the mufflers
  10. L

Synthetic Oils

Why would you want the smoke if you could use a synthetic and not have any????:confused:
  11. L

Synthetic Oils

Does anyone use synthetic oil mix with an older 2 cycle motor, i.e. Sacks with a 24:1 mix ratio. I want to get rid of the 2cycle oil smoke when running, maybe Torco oil?
  12. L

Ruppster

James, the body is still in the backet case state. I've been working on all the mechanical stuff waiting for the weather to warm up. Kind of hard to wet sand the body down to prep for painting when the temps below freezing. Still have to mount the mechanical disc brake caliper being as the...
  13. L

Ruppster

Lets try this pic again, new to this stuff
  14. L

Ruppster

Finished the modifications to the engine mount, so here's the pics of the motors final resting place.
  15. L

Ruppster

:smile:Back now at a point where I can work on project. Friend gave me 3 motors, a JLO 290, a Sach 290 and some other 2 cyl 2 cycle. The Sachs was complete except a starter and had been stored inside where as my JLO 230 had been ouside and the clutch pully was forze up. Went to a local...
  16. L

What Carb is this???

I guess I should be more specific, not only what make, but what model. Have looked at dozens of sites and models of Walbro and can't see one that matches this carb. Some are close, but the fuel pump has more plates - like 4 plates instead of 1, and this carb has no fuel return line.:shrug:
  17. L

What Carb is this???

Carb is off a JLO 230, that's on a Rupp Ruppster. Only markings is on the intake flange face "BDC 13", and an "H" and "L" under the adj. on the left side of carb.
  18. L

Ruppster

James, back cracker doing a great job!!! Maybe 1-2 weeks and I'll be back to normal??? Just have to not do too much too soon, even though snow plow need brace welded, driveway (all 1800' of it) needs plowed. Living in western NY it's a constant thing.
  19. L

Ruppster

Well everythings on hold for now. Went to the RV Show in Cleveland last weekend and threw my back out to the point where I can't even stand right now. Todays the 1st day I've been able to even get to the computer. Killing me all sorts of things I can/nned to be doing right now but can only set...
  20. L

Ruppster

Well the frame's back from sandblasting, and looks like I've got some welding to do on a couple of mounting brackets. Luckily my new wire feed welder arrived yesterday. Will be posting pics as soon as I use rest of film on camera. Got both Ruppster and JLO Parts, and maintenance manuels in the...