Search results

1. S

Gearing question?

I know this isn’t a minibike but it should help anybody with minibike gearing. I have read tons of gearing threads and played with lots of calculators but all just tell me what numbers I will get. If I end up with the same number in the end – the best combination I used to get it – that’s...
  2. S

Comet TC questions?

This is my first TC I have ever seen or worked with so I am still learning here. The pieces all look to be in prety good condition to me. The springs have been in a round position for almost 30 years so they have kinda took that shape. Do I "REALLY" need to replace them? I am trying to not take...
  3. S

Help installing a torque converter drive unit

I have some questions about my Comet torque converter. I want to make sure I install it on my motor correct. It came on a 285 Manco Dingo back in 1986ish. When I received the kart, the driven part is still attached. I do see it has 3 buttons and one is missing. Other than that, I think I have...
  4. S

Which silencer / header?

I first wanted to say thanks to everybody who answered all the crazy questions I had on this motor. I finally got it together today and I am down to just the header / muffler / silencer now. Karting Gallery - 5hp Briggs - Powered by PhotoPost I need a muffler – actually I want something...
  5. S

Piston chrome or aluminum? - Need help

I need some help again. I have been reading on the subject for a couple hours and im going to continue but I am stuck. I need to make sure I have the right piston and rings. The motor is a 130212-1919 86082807 and it came in pieces in a box from a friend. He had bought an overhaul kit back in...
  6. S

Valves and seat question briggs 5hp?

I have a question on valve seats on a briggs 5hp 130212-1919-01 motor with date code 86082807. I got it from a friend who was in the process of rebuilding it. He had bought all the parts like new rings, piston, gaskets, valves, and so on. When I got it from him, everything was in a big box...
  7. S

To screw or not to screw?

I have a friend who bought a Manco Dingo with a 5hp Briggs new back in 86 - 88 maybe? He kept it garage kept, took care of it, and had fun on it up till about 2000. He then tore the motor down, installed a Dana Cam, header, air filter, and so on. They rode it up until about 2002 when he decided...