Search results

1. Nebraska03

Reposted pocketbike and lawntractor transmission ideas

Just curious if anyone has ever tried mounting a "pocket bike" transmission to an engine on a minibike to be used in place of a torque converter or jack shaft? Also, I had an idea involving a lawn tractor gearbox. (Doubt it would work, but I had to share). I have "access" (gotta go dig it up...
  2. Nebraska03

Question about the height of a 5hp Briggs flathead.

Does anyone know offhand the general dimensions of a 5hp Briggs Flathead? (Or know a place I can find them?) The space in my frame from the plate to bolt the engine on, to the bottom of the bar that runs from the back to the front handlebar mounting tube, is 12-5/8" high. Would this...
  3. Nebraska03

Rupp Turbine Wheels for sale

Hello everyone, I've never attempted to sell anything online before, so I will try to be thorough and honest. :freakout: I have a couple 6" Rupp Turbine wheels with Adran 4.00-6 2-ply nylon tires. The inner-tubes have been previously patched, but hold air without any problems. The tires...
  4. Nebraska03

Square Tubed Minibike Frame project

It's been a long and busy week, but the weekend weather has cooled off and it really pleasant outside. I'm going to try and keep working on my minibike project and hopefully post a few photos of the progress. Last Sunday/Monday, I made a couple trips to TSC to get a raincheck on some...
  5. Nebraska03

Square tubing minibike frame

I've had this mini-bike frame since I was a kid. The frame is made out of square tubing. The electrical tape, red handlebar grip, and front reflector were added by myself, when I was about 9 or 10. I am pretty sure the frame was originally red, as I had noticed a reddish color beneath the...
  6. Nebraska03

Hello from Southern Maryland

Hello everyone. I'm from Southern Maryland, and I've had a mini-bike frame (with wheels) since I was a kid. My dad got it down the street from my house from a neighbor, whose son decided to take it apart and couldn't reassemble it. My mother (gotta love moms!) thought it was safer without an...