Search results

1. bubba297

Manco Thunderbird

Hey all, I just picked up a nice Manco Thunder chicken 593-11. The tank is perfect, but of course the cap is junk and broken out on the top side. Does anyone know of a good replacement? OEM or comparable is not necessary. Thanks
  2. bubba297

OK, what is it?

How many of you have a nice chariot such as this? LOL I bought this today dirt cheap and it's really a nice built machine. The engine is a 2.5hp, and appears to be made for this application. I don't think even a 3hp harbor freight would fit. It has a copper fuel tank, and cheng shin tires (the...
  3. bubba297

Custom Bird

Hey all, been awhile. I picked up this custom Bird Engineering bike today. I built this about 8 years ago for our local drag strip owner. He used it for awhile then got something with lights and electric start lol. It has set for a few years and I offered to buy it back. He gave it back to me...
  4. bubba297

Gas tank

Hey all, I came across this cleaning out an old machine shop. It is a NOS piece, never had fuel in it. It's almost 10" long, roughly 6" diameter, and the fuel cap is 2" across. It has one small ding on one end. I have to ask $45 shipped for it because of the size, it will have to go in a...
  5. bubba297

Seat by Manchester1

I had Karen do me a seat for my Heathkit Boonie bike. I just got it in the mail today and had to post and brag. I am sure others have used her for seat work, but this thing is NICE. The factory couldn't do a better job if they wanted to. Well worth the wait and money spent.
  6. bubba297

Another NOS part.

BMI karts is selling the small chrome headlight assy with toggle switch on top. They are NOS Made in Japan as well. I bought a couple but some of you may want one too. Chrome Motorcycle Headlight 6V with Switch | HL232TS | BMI Karts And Parts
  7. bubba297

Home made muffler

Hey all, dont knock the aluminum welding too much lol, I am not very good at it yet. It's made from 6 individual pieces, and I used a cut down perforated core from a 2-stroke silencer on the inside. It's 6-1/4 inch end to end and 2-1/4 diameter. May not take a lot of the sound away, but...
  8. bubba297

Seat stencil for the Heathkit Boonie

I removed the rear of my original seat. After some gentle cleaning it looks brand new again. I have someone that can make a decal to install the stencil back onto a new seat. If I had a few of those made would any of you Boonie owners be interested? He said it would be exact except for maybe...
  9. bubba297

NOS Superior throttle and grips on sale!!

Hey all, I just received a couple of sets of the NOS (Made in Japan) Superior throttle and grip assy. I dont know how many of these are out there. BMI Karts have them on sale for........$5 each!! Better grab a set or 2 while you can. This is for the 4.5" length, but they also have the 5.25...
  10. bubba297

New rides entry: 1984 Honda ATC70

bubba297 1984 Honda ATC70 Wanted to restore a small ATC
  11. bubba297

New rides entry: 1978 Honda Z50A

bubba297 1978 Honda Z50A Second Z50A build
  12. bubba297

New rides entry: 1973 Z50A Honda

bubba297 1973 Z50A Honda Junkyard turned into gold.
  13. bubba297

VERY custom mini

Hey all, found a pic of a mini I built for a good friend of mine. He supplied the engine and exhaust, and I did everything else. The frame looked like a Bonanza but not sure. It has foot control on both sides, one for the brake and the left hand is for the shifter. I used a second hub on the RH...
  14. bubba297

GT-18 Boonie sprocket???

Hey all, been a few years since I have been on here. I picked up a GT-18, very nice original condition except for the 2-speed setup. I am going to restore with a Comet setup and a clone engine, as we drive our minis. The original rear sprocket is in poor shape. I pulled it, did some measuring...
  15. bubba297

Custom MTD Columbia

I have a hard time keeping things stock I guess. I had to reinforce the frame (I suppose because we adults now weigh more than we did 30-40 yrs ago lol). Larger tires, custom gas tank, and a larger torq converter system from a go-kart. It is about 20% larger and should get it moving pretty fast...
  16. bubba297

I have to ask for help.....what is it?

Looked through all of the minibike pics and nothing like this one. I dont have the wheels yet, but he says he has them. I looked it over carefully and cannot see a model, ID number, or name anywhere. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bubba
  17. bubba297

Ring sets (many)

Hey all, I have several different ring sets for sale. I understand some of these may not be minibike material (although who knows what some people may put on a minibike for a powerplant). If you see a number you can use let me know. I would rather sell a number completely at one time, but it...
  18. bubba297

NOS Briggs Recoil Assy

Hey all, another NOS Briggs part. Number is 396675 and is complete, for old style starter clutch and 12 O'clock position. I would guess for the range of 2-4hp. Please make sure this is what you can use, no returns on all of these parts. Brand new not used. Like many others part shows...
  19. bubba297

Hard to find part numbers??

Hey all, I posted a Tecumseh shortblock on the parts page. As I stated there I have picked up about 5 big boxes of older NOS Briggs parts, with a few Tecumseh parts. There are all kinds of parts from carb kits, mufflers, point armatures, screws, rings, etc. Also a ton of different head and...