Search results

1. traxxasislife

Cat 400x drum brake

Does anyone have information on how to do a drum brake/sprocket set up like the cat r4002? Did they have different wheels? I don't see how a drum sprocket would line up properly on the current wheel
  2. traxxasislife

Teccumseh Powersport History

Does anyone have any info on when the powersport line was introduced? And specifically when the OHH engines were designed and first sold? I'm just curious about the history of these motors. A lot of people don't like them but I do.
  3. traxxasislife

Repro Cat Switch Plate?

Has anyone made reproduction switch plates for HPE cat bikes? I don't want an original since the bike is nowhere close to original. I just don't have the means to make one. Any substitutes?
  4. traxxasislife

Identify this?

Hi! Thinking of buying this but the seller doesn't know what it is. He said he bent the handlebars forward and added the footpegs. Any ideas?
  5. traxxasislife

Azusa Mini Bike Kit Sellers

I'm looking to buy one of the Azusa kits and am curious as to who has the best price and best customer support. Looking at getting the 6" wheel model. So far I've looked at BMI, OldMiniBikes, and minichopperssocal. Thanks!
  6. traxxasislife

WTB: Scat Cat SC415 Exhaust pipe

Looking for an exhaust like this (and bracket)
  7. traxxasislife

Vintage Roller in Denver, CO

Hi all! I'm looking for a vintage roller in the greater Denver area (I live in Golden). Preferable 5-6" wheels. Maybe suspension. Somewhat tight budget ~$180. Looking for a summer project. Thanks!
  8. traxxasislife

Tecumseh AH520 Tillotson HL324A Clone

I'm working on a Tecumseh AH520 on a Toro S200 and thinking about putting it on a mini bike. I put a cheap Tillotson HL324A carb from Amazon on it. It idles fine but when I try to open the throttle it bogs down and dies. I can't get it to run right regardless of tuning the high speed needle. Can...
  9. traxxasislife

Predator 212 Valve Failure

A friend of mine was riding my Dirt Bug with a modded Predator, not pushing it too hard (4600 rpm) when the was a pop then it locked up and had no compression. After tearing it down, the culprit was the intake valve had failed. Beware of this issue, i was running stock valves with 18lb springs...
  10. traxxasislife

Doodlebug Predator Build

It started out as a pos used doodlebug that i got from my friend in november 2011 for $60:biggrin: that christmas i got a briggs 5hp flattie, performance parts, and the hardware to install it in the frame. fast forward to last month where the problems with the briggs got to the point of me...
  11. traxxasislife

briggs 5hp won't idle and other issues

ill start with the specs first: 5hp flathead, shaved eyebrows, billet rod, stronger valve springs, and strait pipe. engine ran fine, then i took it off the bike (doodlebug) and changed the oil, i noticed that i was missing a head bolt (the one inbetween the intake and exhaust ports) so i put...
  12. traxxasislife

Help! Briggs 5hp crank bolt size

Hello OldMiniBikes forum! I need help finding the right size end bolt for the crankshaft of a 5hp flathead Briggs. So far I have tried: 5/16-16 5/16-18 5/16-24 None of them has even tried to thread in. Please help
  13. traxxasislife

Seat making?

Has anyone made their own seats when restoring a mini? I've been thinking about making one out of some plywood and using foam and leather from another seat i have. anyone ever done it?
  14. traxxasislife

new kid with two bikes

hello all! This forum is awesome, I'm in texas and have two mini bikes. Ones a baja dirt bug with a modded out briggs 5hp and the other one i have is an unknown one with a tecumseh 5hp, foot brake pedal on the left side, and has a schwinn stingray type kickstand. it all seems original and i was...