Search results

1. C

building my genuine gx200-help!

You need more than stock springs with 1.3's like some #18 springs.
  2. C

Wondering what kind of RPM & HP

A bigger carb like a flatslide or a Tilly would be night and day difference. The carb is keeping you from spinning more.
  3. C

Building up a new Predator

Get the Mikuni you won't be disappointed.
  4. C

Best way to break in a HF212

Run it. Break it in with a load.:scooter: Change oil often.
  5. C

lightweight retainers + keepers, lash caps?

What rockers where they?
  6. C

lightweight retainers + keepers, lash caps?

Like I said in the other thread #26's are only good to .325" lift you will be running .351" lift if you use the 1.3's. Too much lift = coil bind = No Bueno:doah:
  7. C

Valve stem seal

I have a Gx160 and I don't remember seeing any seal and if it did, it's been running a long time without one just fine. I have changed the valve springs alot too from #18's, #26's, #55's. I have pulled a couple of clones apart that didn't have em either but they were modified. The only...
  8. C

7k Predator

I'm not sure but I think your gonna need some bigger springs. The Black Mamba and 1.3's will come out to .35X" lift. I think that is too much for the #26's
  9. C

help me diagnosis/brainstorm my engine

I ran a stock cam Gx160 with 1.3's and 26# springs(before I knew they were too big) a header and Mikuni 22mm and was spinning close to 7,200rpm. It was on a kart and I ran it next to my buddies car and it was going 55mph. Had a 12t clutch and the rear was somewhere in between 58-62t.
  10. C

help me diagnosis/brainstorm my engine

That's strange i have a very similar build and mine really comes on around 5k and I have yet to find an end cause if just keeps going. Kinda worries me from time to time cause I don't want to overdue it. I would get rid of that carb and go with a Mikuni or Tilly if you have the money. I...
  11. C

starting the build! :)

Not that you haven't been bashed enough kid but the Honda flywheel isn't American.:facepalm:
  12. C

Looks like he has a few pics to me if you happened to look at post #93 or are you too busy trying to bash on the poor kid for trying.
  13. C

I was talking about you NOS but I'm sure Tim is VERY knowledgeable too. Lol
  14. C

Listen to him ^ He has probably forgot more about these engines than most of us will ever know :thumbsup:
  15. C

Either way, if you have the motor or not. You are talking about Tims Black Mamba camshaft correct? But you say your only planning on turning 4700rpm. You might as well stick with a stock cam or another grind cause it will probably run worse than a stocker. That cam is made to come on at...
  16. C

Oh and NOS I LMAO reading about your wife and dogs reaction when you broke the dog bowl during your joy ride.
  17. C

They should call this section Honda/Clones/Preds & Dickheads alike. Why don't you just tell the kid to F$&@ off cause it seems like your trying to do it in a nice way but failing at the same time.
  18. C

Man I've missed/forgot all the fun that can be had on this forum. I wouldn't even mess with that cam until you have all billet parts. You would be taking a large chance and if something let's go it could possibly destroy the block, cam and head. Then you would be left with a pile of useless...
  19. C

Champion Shaft Rockers

Depending on the cam they can be hard on the valvetrain and possibly cause alignment issues. I think the Black Mamba is .275" lift or something like that and with the 1.3's I'm now at .351" so it can turn a mild cam into a high lift cam by only changing the ratio. I have yet to run the motor...
  20. C

Champion Shaft Rockers

Raseseng S1 shaft mounted. SAFETYpin- Just wondering prolly wouldn't hurt anything especially if your trying to get the max rpm out of it.