starting the build! :)

You know I just finnished cutting the lawn and enjoyed a bit of summer sun....

I decided to take ride!

Up and down the street and around and around the house, up and down the hill and through the pattio ( dog dish suffered some damage dog not happy her bowl got crushed ) .
The wife is not impressed....

I snapped the throttle full pin several time and there's sopme torn up sod and little gravel and dirt moved around.

But at no point did I exceed 4000 rpm.
I just don't have the room for it even with and easy 2/3 of mile road and large double lot.

I just don't think you get that part yet.
You want torque and the more the better because your rarely going to use upper range power for anything other than serious racing.

And another thing, more so than normal I am having trouble type ( not because I am on Alcoholiday ).
My hands and formarms hurt.
Have you any idea just how hard it is to hold onto one of these things?

I'm up one the pegs, I'm pulling hard and my arse is not in the sadle as much as you might think and all the time I am tapping the throttle and modulating from and back brakes to keep this thing rubber side down.

I think you are in for a suprise when you learn the difference between what you need and what you thought.....

And at no time am I worried about rods, valves, flywheels and related parts.
I built my engine from the best parts and left nothing to chance.

This weekend I am going to Barry and ready or not I am going to race the king of pain rally.
At the end I will be very sore and my bike will likely suffer some damage.
I think this is also something you need to consider and add to your build considerations.

NOS

TomH

yes sir we are starting the build. I am excited now. couch building a gx160 from a cell phone that can't take pics. weed wacker motor over in the corner. Make sure the governor doesn't fall out as you "twist" your imaginary gx160 to 4000 rpm with you blah blah 450$ engine management system. Oh right, I got confused that was the $450 isky package you said you bought with the imaginary money, sitting in a imaginary box some where in an imaginary shop you have to go to. bwaaaaaaaaaaa. Someday you will have an imaginary mini bike to mount it on. Get a job kid, and if you are already industrious to have a job, save your money, do your research, and find a motor that runs. Fix up a mini bike and ride it. Then if you still have held on to your job, take some of your hard earned money and "start the build" Money talks, bullshit walks..except around here. Better man up and go next door and borrow a camera and show me the money. I could talk shit when I was your age too, but you need a definite dose of just how long it takes to get all the crap you think you have. Dreaming about it isn't the same as working for it.

They should call this section Honda/Clones/Preds & Dickheads alike.

Why don't you just tell the kid to F$&@ off cause it seems like your trying to do it in a nice way but failing at the same time.

TomH

not failing in any way. If you like to talk about engines with someone who doesn't have one that is your choice. But if you log on to this thread thinking you are really dealing with a person who really has what they say, this thread is miss led. It is a waste of time. This should be in a thread called fantasy bench racing. You want to encourage that, that is your choice. If my kid pulled this crap and he wouldn't BTW, I sure wouldn't encourage it. But go ahead do what you do and I will do what I do. If you can read his past threads, and you can only go back so far, you would figure it out. I would have no problem with this kid if he would tell the truth and get honest. But he has been caught in so many outright lies, and continues to not come clean. You will figure it out when you become a parent.

ok thanks biker scum ill take some tomorrow when i go back to the shop :drinkup: whats crazy tom h is i dont even own a weed eater motor :smile: so :censure: u there will be pictures/ videos tomorrow :hammer: :thumbsup:

i first wanted like every one does the 250 package so i asked about it then i was researching and the 450 package looked even better so i asked about it then i made up my mind and decided to go with the 275 package so i could buy a honda for the better parts, head, and flywheel just to make everything clear i have what ive said i am building a motor that i worked on from 9 to 3 today and its getting there just need flywheel put on the head carb and exhaust and its ready to fire up and i will have a video of it

Either way, if you have the motor or not. You are talking about Tims Black Mamba camshaft correct? But you say your only planning on turning 4700rpm. You might as well stick with a stock cam or another grind cause it will probably run worse than a stocker. That cam is made to come on at 4500rpm and will be a dog anywhere below that rpm because that's not what it's intended for. Now if you going to spin 7k plus that's a great cam for the job but then again you will need billet parts and all the goodies. Honda parts aren't good enough on there own. Trust me I know, I tore up most of my Honda parts with just ratio rockers, 26# springs, Mikuni and a header.

You worked on the motor from 9 to 3. What the hell did you do, polish it?
Not to brag or anything but I can have my motor tore down and rebuilt in two hours.

Last edited:
I like the sound of that cam better.
I don't know Tim's Specifications on it but the shorter durration is better fopr torque motor.

Now you need to use some good internals.
With that cam you can probably get away with the Honda rockers and valve train for now and some g200 springs.
Clear that with Tim first.

Just get the dam thing running now ok?

Ask Tim if he has any regrind cams instead of welded lobe.
Something small in the 230 duration and modest lift.
Thats fine and all you need.

SO....
What ever cam.
ARC 3.303 rod.
billet or aluminum flywheel, and actualy for your needs you could get away with steel one I think ( and likely you will be the first but don't be scared ).
You will need the correct ring set, likely the 1.3mm
Add a 4 deg offset timing key.

Carb you may or may not chose to reuse the one you have.
Header.
Air filter.
Some jets....

Now get off your ass and build it.
I even did all the thinking for you.
That's a good reliable 12 hp engine.

Take a head bolt and side cover bolt and go to a nut and bolt suplier.
Get some new one 8.9 grade and some small washers for them.

I can't think of anything else.
Actualy I need to think about the jetting I'll get back to you.

Your realy trying some patients around here and I honestly trying to get you rolling for cheap kid.
Don't make me look bad for sticking up for you now

Last edited:

Bikerscum

You all don't get it....

He can't take pics until he goes to the shop. He can't get to the shop because he can't drive... duh. (his words).

He spent from 9-3 putting the engine together. At the sho... no, at home... uh... wait.... can't work on the engine 'cause he can't drive... um... the important thing is to decide what octane to use... that could add up to 35 cents a week in savings to buy the winter list.

Duh.