Search results

1. M

Getting a Baja Warrior up to 50?

I haven't gotten it up to full speed yet, but I got the new motor + torque converter installed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QxCNqFqIH4
  2. M

420cc Honda Clone w/ machined crankshaft and clutch

If you are willing to cover shipping, sure! I've got some scrap wood I could crate it with, and ups is telling me that shipping fees will be just over $100.
  3. M

:) Thanks! Tires are Kenda Speedracer 20x7-8... they are a bit square and fight turn-in, but they also don't make the constant thunk-thunk-thunk that the knobbies did... I had to move the rearmost framesupport to fit everything, but apart from that the motor fits perfectly in there, almost...
  4. M

This is a loncin 420cc generator motor I used to get my Warrior past 60mph. Between a Ninja and a free 270cc engine, I've decided to take my project back to reasonable speeds, so this is now available. There's about 100 miles on the engine - I never rode it as much as I meant to. It's a...
  5. M

Plans change (again+again+again)... I'm not riding this much because it hates the clutch, and I just got a free 9hp/270cc motor.... so the current plan is that new motor and a torque-a-verter. Should be much more user-friendly.
  6. M

Riding something you built yourself is a different feeling, especially when you know it might try to kill you. I've been, um, well over the speed limit on a motorcycle, and doing 60mph on the minibike is more intense. If it was about the end result you'd be right, but I built this to build it...
  7. M

I was afraid my TAV wouldn't be able to handle that much power. As far as the budget, the overrun was almost all incremental improvements after getting the motor in, and costs I ran into trying to get it ready to pass a motorcycle inspection.
  8. M

Well, now that I'm over my $300 original budget by a factor of 4 I think I'm finally done. And (of course) that means it's for sale: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/complete-mini-bikes/78785-15hp-mb200-part-out.html#post689001
  9. M

15hp MB200 (Part out?)

This started life as a MB200, and then spiraled out of control as I had to beat my friends GY6 150cc scooter to win a bet. To be fair, I did win the bet... and now all my friends sold their minibikes / scooters, and we switched to motorcycles. And even though I could out-accelerate a ninja 250...
  10. M

LED MB200 Headlight

This is a Baja Warrior headlight that I modified with two 1w / 12v LEDs. This makes it much more efficient than the stock headlight, but it's not quite as bright. It's great as far as increasing your visibility, but don't expect to go tearing down the back-roads at midnight. I was using this...
  11. M

Stiffening up warrior shocks

Maybe I'll try a spacer to increase spring preload.
  12. M

Stiffening up warrior shocks

I swapped out the oil in my shocks to a 75w gear oil, with the thinking that 75w would be thicker, and therefor harder. But the front end still dives pretty freely under braking/bumps. I have some 5w fork oil, would that help? Or does it's extreme squishness mean that the seals are gone or...
  13. M

Street Legal???????

If it's an antique you can sometimes get it grandfathered in... Otherwise, you're (we're) looking at a lot of work for a custom-built-motorcycle title. Start with turn signals, DOT headlights and taillights, a horn, and then track down the forms you're gonna need. I know in MD you need...
  14. M

Soap Box club

:) SVISBF Guys are pretty cool (/crazy), we've had one or two come out east to race with us!
  15. M

Soap Box club

I thought you guys might appreciate some pictures of the carts in our local soapbox club. This one met a bridge: spring 2011 348 by Muse For Misery, on Flickr spring 2011 375 by Muse For Misery, on Flickr This is how most of them started out, after getting roll cages but...
  16. M

New Member-Muskin Dune Cat Project

That's looking really good, and thanks for all the "how-to" tips. I know for sure I'll be taking advantage of some of the fiberglassing ones next time I do some. My previous attempts are a little sad.... As far as your clutch questions.... if you're using a 5 or 6 hp motor I wouldn't worry...
  17. M

My TC didn't have any problems with my 200cc / 6hp clone - I did probably 50 miles on it and the belt was still in practically new condition. I was getting 41mph, but it was an old, abused engine. I'm sure you'd get a bit more without it. Maybe not 50, but pretty close.
  18. M

Had one, but a TC will eat belts above 9 or 10 hp. I ordered a Noram 1600 series.
  19. M

WTB: Warrior axle

Need a rear (or front if they are the same) axle for a baja warrior. I'd tell you what I did to mine but then I'd feel stupid. Thanks!