Search results

1. S

piston ring question need help asap

hello my friend brought me a Yamaha generator to rebuild, however he brought it to me in a big box completely disassembled. he has a new piston ring set, my question is there is obviously 2 compression rings, one is black with a yellow marker on it stamped with an "R" the second is chrome plated...
  2. S

throttle problem hemi pred

if the govenor is intact, the throttle should be 3/4 to wide open when the engine is not running. as soon as the engine starts it will close it and hold it against the idle stop screw.
  3. S

Predator 212 will not take gas

When the engine is not running the throttle should be pulled 100percent open by the governor spring. As soon as the engine starts the weights in the engine push out on the governor arm and put the throttle arm/plate up against the idle stop. When you pull the throttle it puts spring pressure on...
  4. S

Home made jack shaft problems

I have got 2 locking collars on the shaft. They are solid with a single locking screw. They are located close to the bearings on the inside, I also have the bearings with the snap rings facing inwards on both sides. Thinking some split rings would maybe hold a bit better then a solid ring with a...
  5. S

Home made jack shaft problems

Hello, I have a doodle bug that I recently converted to 40 chain to handle my aggressive riding in unknown terrain and high speeds with a weight of 135 pounds. The stock 35 chain would stretch way to fast, and if it got grass in the chain n sprockets it would jump off or snap (not a the...
  6. S

Unsure about gearing.

Thanks for the help. I already used the gearing calculator on agk. Will the 9-1 be low enough to not burn the clutch out?
  7. S

Unsure about gearing.

Hello I know this is probly in the wrong spot but I couldn't figure out where to put it to get the most views to hopefully get the most help. I have manco go cart with 18 inch rear wheels, with a stock power ease by BE 7hp 212cc clone. An extremely strong engine. With a 10t 40 max torque clutch...
  8. S

Flywheel differences, and lighting coil.

I guess I don't get notifications from this forum, sorry for the delayed response. On a 212 7hp power ease engine I coloured the crank taper with permanent marker and then spun the 207 and 196 flywheel on it and both flywheels left even and smooth marks on the taper and rubbed it of at the same...
  9. S

Flywheel differences, and lighting coil.

Alright I start out by saying, I have 3 clones, 2 Powerease by BE, those are 210, and 1 harbour freight/princess auto 196 clones. All 3 remain stock, with no governor modifications. A few months ago we had a different clone, an ALL POWER 207cc engine, but that seized from lack of oil. I took...
  10. S

How good are Predator engines?

we have 3 "honda clones", 2 of them are 212's so im assuming their predators but renamed. their called "power ease by BE" all 3 bikes are driven extremely hard with little maitenence, oil change once a week ect. here are some videos to show the durability of these engines. Indy 500...
  11. S

well over 1000km on doodle bugs, need help

surprise surprise shipping was 8 dollars for adapter, sprocket and clutch.
  12. S

yay, so it is possible to hold it in the lathe by the center hole?? i always thought you could only clamp on outside surfaces with a lathe. now that i know its possible, and by doing this it will be true (no tight lose tight lose chain) i will go ahead and order from OldMiniBikes....and get...
  13. S

no they would be new sprockets from OldMiniBikes warehouse. i would use this adaptor Doodlebug Sprocket Adapter (#4) and then take this sprocket Steel Sprocket - 60 Tooth / #41 Chain and machine out the center of the sprocket to 4.562 by holding the sprocket by the 2 inch center hole, not the...
  14. S

^^^the problem with that is getting the 6 holes drilled perfectly so the sprocket is true and has no high and low spots. because the center of the hub adaptor is 4 9/16's of an inch and the center of the sprocket is 2 and a half inches, i would like to put the sprocket on a lathe and cut the...
  15. S

n im in kinda southern saskatchewan (nothin but bush up north) located between canora and wadena in a small town of invermay. probly bout 250-300 population.
  16. S

thinking im going to buy a hub adaptor and 60t .41 gear from OldMiniBikes. anyone know if you can cut the center out of a sprocket while keeping it perfectly true? can you spin a sprocket on a lathe?
  17. S

i was lookin around on OldMiniBikes. thats actually where i bought a clutch n 2 brake bands from. (other clutch from mfgsupply and princess auto) i am really thinking about changing to .40 chain because .35 stretches so fast and indy 500 doin tight turns it digs in the gravel pretty bad. would...
  18. S

hello, we have purchased 3 baja doodlebugs from a local canadian tire and not much after all 3 have gotten replacement clone engines. i probly wouldnt have known what to do without this site, and thanks to this site i have probly saved a bit of experiementing time and money. needless to say, now...
  19. S

Indy 500, exhaust mods.

fear of heights??? whats that? hahah been climbing bins since i was a lil kid. the bin most video's were taken from isnt even on a cone, so its bout 12 feet shorter then most bins. i dont got much for skill, but my littlest brother has absolutly zero fear. he'll do just about anythin on his...
  20. S

Indy 500, exhaust mods.

yea they run top notch!!! in my grade 11 year of school i was entered in "skills Canada" and won gold for small engine and equipment tech in saskatchewan, and second in quebec for the canadian finals of "skills Canada". so when they quit running, i have them back into the race within 10 mins. i...