Search results

1. mudbug73

MudBug rebuild

Well i finally finished up the work on the forks, i think. Got the cover plate on and the gussets. Cut up the wheel spacers and everything fits perfectly. Now i just need to order parts this weekend and get the rear end assembled and hopefully get this thing being a rolling frame.
  2. mudbug73

MudBug rebuild

The tire isn't seated perfectly as we just put it on by hand at work. But tthe wheel is very wobbly and I'm guessing welded crocked. I'm half tempted to take the tire of it and messure it. But I'll leave it for now until I'm done with the project. Make a good roll around wheel until the trikes done.
  3. mudbug73

MudBug rebuild

Well I made a lot more progress today. I'd like to take credit for all of it, but my foreman helped with all the welding since his 20yrs experience trumps my 2 months. Just about finished up the last of the welding and metal work. I'll hopefully finish tomorrow before work. Also has any one...
  4. mudbug73

Mudbugs Cleveland and Detroit

Always on the search for one here in OR but no such luck. They're always over there. 3 Wheel Mud Bug https://cleveland.craigslist.org/for/5085992436.html
  5. mudbug73

Trikes with name and picture.

The WHEEL-LY 1973 MTD Mud Bug Not mine in the picture, I don't have a picture of mine. But it has a bird frame. Had a 5hp Briggs and torque converter. Believe it to be a promotional piece for Ford. This is only the 2nd picture I have found on the internet of one in all my searching.
  6. mudbug73

Wheel-ly " The Go Trike" help

Yea i was surprised when it said Eugene, Oregon. Thats only 45 minutes away. Why have i never seen them around though if they were built right here in Oregon. A few must have survived.
  7. mudbug73

Wheel-ly " The Go Trike" help

Well what I have is what i thought to be a dune cycle with custom forks, until I ran across this picture in another thread. It is exactly what I have. The sticker on the fiberglass body finally makes sense. The body i have is a tad bit different, more like a dune cycle or scat trak body. I...
  8. mudbug73

MudBug rebuild

Scratch that, went to autozone and picked up a 4 pack of valve stems. All is good again.
  9. mudbug73

MudBug rebuild

Well my batch of parts came in. Tire, handle bar grips, rear axle bearings, front fender, front wheel bearings and a front wheel. My only problem is my front eheel doesn't have a valve stem and i could have sworn when i ordered it the picture had a wheel with one in it. Is this something i can...
  10. mudbug73

MudBug rebuild

Thanks for the help, but I'm having trouble finding your pictures. Could you PM them to me or post them in here, which ever is easier. And good luck with your restoration.
  11. mudbug73

MudBug rebuild

Ok I'll start looking at engines in that ho range. And I've never heard of those tq's. I was thinking of using a tav2 system.
  12. mudbug73

MudBug rebuild

Yea i was thinking of using standard grade 5 or 8 bolts and welding the hex head to the hub. I've seen that's how some hubs come nowadays. And thanks, really appreciate it. Put in a lot of hours in at work and home to get it just ready for paint and parts
  13. mudbug73

MudBug rebuild

Thank you for the input steve, i was hoping you would chime in and give a few pointers. I definitely dont want to start blowing up parts or needing extra beefy stuff. What might you recommend for a max hp if 13 is to much? Can i run 8-10 safely and reliably?
  14. mudbug73

MudBug rebuild

I haven't looked for mtd parts specifically, as most of what I need are general parts i can find on OldMiniBikes warehouse. The only thing I'm having trouble finding are 3/8" hub studs.
  15. mudbug73

Bikebuddy does some fine work!

He does great work. Made me these Mud Bug body stickers which i never thought I would find or be able to recreate. And they turned out amazing. Cant say enough thanks to Cory.
  16. mudbug73

MudBug rebuild

So I made some more progress when i got these in the mail from a bikebudy. Still waiting on parts and flake so i can start painti painting. All the metal work is done, so i just need to paint, buy parts and buy a body.
  17. mudbug73

MudBug rebuild

Well I'm having trouble uploading pictures from my phone. But I have welded the new foot rests back in the pegs, cut and bent the handle bars, and cut the tubing and plates for the forks. Just waiting on my wheel, tires and fender to show up to finish the forks. Also have some misc parts coming...
  18. mudbug73

MudBug rebuild

It would be nice. I just know how the frame and differential would hold up.
  19. mudbug73

MudBug rebuild

Ughh i think that'd be a shade on the big side. Idk how the differential would hold up to that.
  20. mudbug73

MudBug rebuild

Ok, I think i understand. Just need to figure out what length i need i guess