Search results

1. Predator212Laxer

Gx390 head big valves from factory?

Interesting because they both are GX390 engines, unless the one with smaller valves was a GX340 Head?
  2. Predator212Laxer

Gx390 head big valves from factory?

I have two GX390s that I got for $140. One has a cracked block and one was missing coil. So I’m doing a full build for my go kart. I pulled both heads off and noticed on the older one (cracked block) the intake valve was 5mm larger then the other. And the intake was way bigger. Looks like...
  3. Predator212Laxer

Wiseco Piston Cylinder Wall Clearance

*update* I spoke with Hunter at ARC Racing in Georgia. Apparently the Wiseco Pistons have a large taper set in them from the factory to allow the aluminum to expand in the hottest area (the top.) So my piston is actually the correct one. Sort of went against my conventional thinking with engines...
  4. Predator212Laxer

It’s undersize for my bore. I ordered it as a Predator 212 piston so maybe they sent the standard GX200 one Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk
  5. Predator212Laxer

For sure I’m going to give them a call today and see what the minimum size for that part number should be. I will try to contact AGK first Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk
  6. Predator212Laxer

Yeah the bore is in great condition. Granted the engine is the original predator from 2011. Still has stock crosshatching. Gotta be the piston
  7. Predator212Laxer

Hey after a super long couple year haitus from my go kart I decided with my buddy to start the rebuild of my predator and add some new parts. So I ordered the Wiseco piston set up from AGK (affordable go karts) comes with the ARC long rod designed so the piston can be a "drop in" however, we...
  8. Predator212Laxer

advanced timing valve lash

:laugh: yeah I meant spacing. Always use the right tools. I have learned my lesson many times.
  9. Predator212Laxer

Yeah your lash sounds correct. Right so you need to use a feeler gauge you use for finding your lash in order to assure your coil gap is correct. So whatever it mentions should be your coil lash. :thumbsup:
  10. Predator212Laxer

If you are running an aftermarket cam, it should come with a card that specifies what lash to set the valves to. Hope that helps.
  11. Predator212Laxer

Manual Clutch for Honda Clone Engine

No I mean the clutch lever. My steering wheel doesn't look like it will accept it.
  12. Predator212Laxer

Okay thanks, I think I remember seeing a video on youtube of these guys! I'll have to pick one up! Now to think of how to mount it!
  13. Predator212Laxer

Is there anyway to attach a manual clutch to the Honda Clone engines? I want burnouts!!!! :scared:
  14. Predator212Laxer

Chain Setups for high performance setups

Okay I have decided to just take the master link out, move my engine back farther and attach that chain with no master link. Better to be safe then sorry. I will be very proud of my engine if it can break this now! I have big valves, head work and a giant cam and carb so it is not the typical...
  15. Predator212Laxer

Chain Setups for high performance setups

I have a highly modified predator 212 non-hemi. It is on my PRC go kart. Whenever I drive it, if I accelerate the chain will break the master link off. I have checked on a stand and there is no resistance with the chain when rolling, so its not a bent sprocket. I am now about to just attach the...
  16. Predator212Laxer

Predator lash settings

The newer one is the Hemi head. They also have roller rockers. Yeah they make a lot of power! If $35 is too much then don't get the chromoly push rods, use the money for your billet stuff. I have the chromoly to say I do. :laugh:
  17. Predator212Laxer

Predator lash settings

You have to be careful when moving from a dished piston. 1st if the tolerances are not set correctly a forged Wiseco piston will expand into a Seizeco piston. 2nd you will not be able to put a HUGE camshaft because it will hit the piston. I would stay with the stock piston. and get a large...
  18. Predator212Laxer

Predator lash settings

Not until you decide to step up the RPM's. I suggest getting a thinner head gasket. then remember to reset the lash once you change the head gasket! Cranking up the compression is a great way to squeeze power out of these. Check out NRRacing.com and look at the hemi head predator kits they have...
  19. Predator212Laxer

Predator lash settings

Well since you are getting the cam soon, get the rod now so you can install at the same time. Then get the flywheel. But when you get those and it is safe to slam the gas, it is so much fun.:scooter:
  20. Predator212Laxer

Predator lash settings

The Mod 2 I think is .003 for both intake and exhaust. I think you are off to a good start, Do you have your governor intact or did you remove it? If it is removed you MUST get the Billet Rod and Flywheel. (especially with heavier valve springs!) Ohh also make sure your pushrods are in their...