Search results

1. M

Honda XR-70R

Florida folks. If anyone is interested I have a 2002 Honda dirtbike that was my sons that he has outgrown. Bike is in good shape and runs excellent! If you need pics, PM me your phone# and I'll text some to you. I'll take 450 for it.
  2. M

Ebay feedback

What a joke! I left our former forum brother Juan Blanco bad feedback on bay after the engine he shipped me in a box with only some paper snapped off the carb and covered everything in oil and he refused to do anything at all to make the situation right. I happen to be looking at ebay today...
  3. M

Slayer Guitarist Dies

Not sure how many are into Slayer, but guitarist Jeff Hanneman passed away today of liver failure at 49...sucks. RIP Jeff.
  4. M

Chain Differences

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in size between #40 and #420 chain? I'm about to place an order at OldMiniBikes for a few things. Thanks!
  5. M

Heathkit Hilltopper Chain Question

I bought the 1971 Hilltopper from Markus that he was asking "what color to paint it" two weeks ago. I'm trying to figure out what size chain is stock on these bikes as it has a Torque Convertor and on the other side of the jackshaft a gear going to the sprocket. It is not a 35 or a 41 chain...
  6. M

Tecumseh Aftermarket Carbs

Anyone have any luck with aftermarket carbs? I have two H50's that don't seem to run right no matter what I do with an aftermarket Oregon carb I bought a few months ago. The engines run way better with an old Tecumseh H30 carb. Just wondering if I got a dud Oregon carb or they are just junk...
  7. M

E-bay idiots!!

I feel the need to rant. I bought a H50 mini-bike engine from some guy (mamoco114nps) on the Bay last week. The engine needed some cleaning up and work to get it to run which I knew. I asked the guy to ensure the oil was drained as I received a Briggs two-weeks ago from across the country...
  8. M

5HP Eye Brows

Anyone have a shot of ported polished eyebrows and port work? Just trying to figure out what the eyebrows are exactly. I have a 5hp flat head I want to port and shave the brows. Thanks.
  9. M

5HP Crank Help Needed

I recently acquired a 5HP with the little nub of a crank after the clown on Ebay listed it as a Kart engine. The engine is from 1976, will any crank from that era fit? If not, what should I be looking for? I'm probably going to have to source it from Ebay unless someone has one.
  10. M

Cutting a Key-way

How hard is it to cut a key-way in a 3/4" inch shaft on a Tecumseh motor that does not have one for a clutch? Can it be done at home using die grinder or something similar? I'm not looking for it to be perfect, just functional.
  11. M

Jackshaft Help

I bought a nice Bonanza roller (BC1000) and I would like to install a jackshaft (plates are already there). I plan on using a big block 5HP Tec that I have and the back sprocket is stock on the bike, what tooth clutch should I order, and what tooth sprockets for the jackshaft do I need...
  12. M

Looking For Mini Bike

Anyone have a old-school mini from the 60's or 70's they are looking to sell in the Tampa, Florida area? Please PM me with details.
  13. M

Stripping Paint off Mini Bike

What is the fastest and easiest way to strip decades old and numerous layers of paint off of a mini bike frame? Would using a stripper you paint on work best? I'm just going to do a rattle-can paint job on the bike so it does not have to be perfect. Thanks!
  14. M

DB30 Engine Question

Is a brand new, never had oil or gas in it DB engine worth selling? Is there a market for it? Just wondering as I'll never use it or the clutch. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to mount the Predator on my new style DB...deciding how i'm going to tackle the infamous loop for the...
  15. M

New Doodlebug

I bought a new mini-bike today from PeP Boys here in Tampa. I have a Predator on the way and have an old clutch that I plan on using. I ordered the plate from OldMiniBikes to mount the engine. Anything else I will need to make this swap? I'm not even going to put oil in the 97cc, I guess I'll store...
  16. M

Hunting Idle

Hi, new guy here. I have a Baja mini-Baja with the 5.5 Honda clone engine. I cannot get the bike to idle correctly no matter what I do. The idle is constantly going up and down. The carb is new and the low idle is clean and so is the main jet. Anyone have any ideas I can try? What is the...