Search results

1. B

Finicky nomad

Also, c.u.n.t.pit, what do you mean afford the real stuff? What the hell are you even talking about? To all of you: quit slobbing on the dude's knob who fuc king talked shit in the first place. This is the internet, not a goddamn social club.
  2. B

Finicky nomad

Guess what C.U.N.T.s, this is officially the gayest forum I have ever been on. BAN ME BITCHES!
  3. B

Finicky nomad

Not interested in making friends just needed to know something simple and was rewarded with a grandma response. Guess what everyone? Took the glaze off and what happened...THE WHEELS LOCK. Now, is there or is there not a generic for comet lube?
  4. B

Finicky nomad

It's "you're wearing a helmet" and thanks for the kind PSA. However, it is a happy fact that bands can indeed lock wheels; hence the idea behind 90% of older brakes. Maybe I can join a knitting forum to get some more grandmotherly advice. I was looking more for: I've tried blank and it works...
  5. B

Finicky nomad

This nomad. When it goes, it's fantastic fun. But then the brakes always go out and I almost die. How do I get the bands to adjust so that they stop the bike? I'd like them to lock the wheels. Also, the comet torque converter is sticky and as a result sometimes the bike takes off on its own. Any...
  6. B

Sizing brake bands

The lack of replies led me to put on my big boy pants and figure this crap out for myself. Apparently they really only come in like three sizes: 4 3/16" (4"), 4 3/4" (5"), and 6". This is according to Brake Bands and Brake Drums for Go Karts and Mini Bikes
  7. B

Sizing brake bands

Was told to create a thread for this. Anyone know how to size brake bands? I got a rough measurement of around 4", but I noticed that some of the ones for sale online are 4 3/16", etc. Also, do the widths vary? I am wondering what the best way to go about doing this is. Thanks.
  8. B

Totally tubular Nomad 72

By the way, anyone know the specific brake band size for this thing? It is definitely not 5"...
  9. B

Totally tubular Nomad 72

Pulled the carb, disassembled, soaked in CC and reassembled. Made new gaskets for the mating surface on the head and the plastic air filter housing. Runs like a champ now. On to get new brake bands. On a side note, why is carb cleaner magnetically attracted to eyeballs?
  10. B

Totally tubular Nomad 72

Preclean
  11. B

Totally tubular Nomad 72

Picked up a Nomad 72 the other day, in good shape with HF engine. New tires. Think the dude I got it from is a member here- Gigman. Awesome guy, small world. Gonna quasi-restore it and have fun riding the everloving crap outa it. Cleaning it, pics to come. Went over a bump today and now the...