Search results

1. K-Saletta

Clutch smoking

Is it normal for a Hillard's Extreme duty clutch to smoke some after/while riding?? (It's on a heavy go Kart and has stock engagement springs) would getting 3000rpm engagement springs fix this?
  2. K-Saletta

Is it bad to use a offset chain link?

I have a yerf dog go kart with a heavily modded predator 212cc on it and the best way I can get the chain to be tight is to use a offset link. I already have one and I'm using a size 40 chain
  3. K-Saletta

Valve Float

I have a yerf dog with a heavily modified predator 212 (I have 18lb springs). I was riding it with throttle fully opened and the chain fell off and the engine revved high and stopped like it was hitting the rev limiter on a car. Is that valve float? I couldn't look at the rpm because my tach is...
  4. K-Saletta

Valve Float

Earlier i was riding my go kart (yerf dog with heavily modified predator 212cc and hillard clutch) with the throttle fully opened and the chain fell off and the engine revved really high and sounded like it hit the rev limiter in a car. Is that valve float? I have 18lb springs. no I didn't get a...
  5. K-Saletta

Engine Cooling

Does anybody have any ideas for engine cooling? (Beyond the stock flywheel fan...) And I do have a 12v batter on my go kart. - I have a heavily modified Predator 212.
  6. K-Saletta

H50 Rebuild

Before you read, I am not doing anything inside of the crankcase in this rebuild besides cleaning the old oil ect out, and maybe cleaning the head and piston. I recently took this H50 off of a old go kart that the owner said he never got around to fixing it (tav problem). It runs great but...
  7. K-Saletta

Piston rings

Does anyone have any predator 212cc (old style) piston rings they want to sell?
  8. K-Saletta

Max Torque Clutch

Okay so I just bought a max torque clutch from OldMiniBikes (The BSP one that engages at 3000rpm) and it's a 3/4" bore and #35 chain. (Skip to *** if you dont care about why i need it) I bought it for use with my doodlebug but now I'm putting my engine on my yerf dog go kart that has the sprocket welded...
  9. K-Saletta

Low end power

Can any of you guys make a list of parts/mods to get the most low end torque out of a predator or clone? Around 3 - 4k rpm would be best. (I'm just curious because it would be cool to do on a go kart for dirt drifting)
  10. K-Saletta

Cams

Does anyone know any cams with low rpm torque and high lift?
  11. K-Saletta

Cylinder ridge

Anyone know any good techniques for removing cylinder ridges without a ridge reamer??:confused:
  12. K-Saletta

CL yerf dog

Just got this sweet yerf dog off CL for $150, original price was 275 so I offered for how much with just the frame and torque converter and he said 150, but ended up giving me the whole thing for 150. engine runs good its a 5 horse flathead tecumseh govenor removed by previous owner or him...
  13. K-Saletta

Stuck piston

Okay. So this was my first time installing a piston in anything and I messed up( I know practice makes perfect :D . So I had my 3.308 (standard size) rod on my stock predator 212cc piston (same with wrist pin but I have gx200 clips because I lost mine but they are the same size) and i gently put...
  14. K-Saletta

Predator 212cc questions

Hello my name is Kyle Saletta and i have bunch of questions I would like to ask. I was wondering if on my next engine I should buy a gx200 clone to mod rather than a predator 212cc (old style) which I have now. Mods: Top plate Walbro pump (pulse inlet in valve cover) Breather (no catch can)...