Search results

1. L

Hawg Ty tire/stem question. Please help

Hi guys, A few years back i fixed up my father in laws Hawg Ty minibike. He proceeded to use it once and let it sit along the side of the house to rot :( He wants to ride it in the fourth of July parade coming up but told me the rear tire has a flat... says it is leaking from the...
  2. L

What have I found here? Tecumseh h60 questions

Stumbled upon this engine on Craigslist for just a few bucks and thought it would be pretty cool to put into my bonanza bc1000. Trouble is I don't know much about it, and don't want to try starting it without getting some recommendations from you guys on proper reconditioning so as to not ruin...
  3. L

Bonanza bc1000 first ride after partial restoration!!

Well, It's been a while since I've posted. 3 kids, wife, job, other projects.... And finally I've got this one done! I had asked a bunch of questions on a previous thread about restoring an old bonanza that I had found on craigslist. This thread will be the...
  4. L

New guy. Bonanza bc1000 build from scratch. Need Help!

Hi guys, I'm a bit of a lurker on the site. Been getting back into Mini's ever since my father in law asked me to get his Hawg Ty up and running. Well got it pretty tricked, complete, and he's a happy camper. I decided to find a nice collectable US made vintage that I could build with/for my...
  5. L

Wtb- bonanza parts for rebuild

Well, spent some time looking for a minibike frame and ended up with three. 2 bonanza 1000 frames and an unknown tacoish bike. Problem is they are bare and I'm looking to at least just make one complete bike. Would love a set of round go power wheels, a seat, brake, sprocket, clutch, and...
  6. L

Wtb - Mini Bike project in Nor Cal

Hi guys, Looking to find a mini bike project somewhere in the bay area. Recently restored a long neglected Hawg ty for my father in law and had a blast doing it. I'm back into mini's since selling my childhood Taco about 20 years ago (and regretting it ever since). Would love to find a...
  7. L

Hawg ty - need help with upgrading

Hi, recently was given an old hawg ty minibike that was sitting alongside the side of a house for the last 6 years. I have done some reading here and decided to just go ahead and buy a predator 212cc engine from harbor freight. It seems the old clutch that was on the stock hawg ty won't...