Search results

1. V

Old amusement park go cart

Personally I would be worried abot the condition if you plan to keep the engine. Most parks I knew of with kart tracks were staffed by teenagers, many of whom were high or drunk often, and the karts may have seen one oil change in their lifespan. They used to just top off the oil occasionally...
  2. V

Can someone ID this bike

I'm in love! Totally in love! Anybody know of either model for sale in the northeast? :drool:
  3. V

Interesting yard sale day

I'm pretty new in my area, and don't know anyone except a couple immediate neighbors. Today there was a yard sale at the other end of my street (it's pretty long, semi-rural). Someone's old chopper-style roller was visible from the road, but she looked real tired, I wasn't excited. I started...
  4. V

Identify This Grip

Not sure about the pegs, but I am 95% sure the grips were a generic marketed in the old Dennis Kirk catalog as "Tacky Grips" or "Tacki Grips", intended to keep a good grip even with crappy gloves on a muddy day. I had a set on my 1976 Honda TL125 trials bike as they were all I could afford when...
  5. V

Need HELP with throttle setup!!!!( With predator 212)

I had the same problem with a different bike, same engine. Turns out I had to loosen a nut...see this person's very helpful reply to my question.
  6. V

From Vermont

Welcome! I'm from VT as well, and go to TS in Shelburne often...wonder if you are in the area?
  7. V

Is this really a Suzuki mini bike or?

When I was really young, in the mid-80s, I had something similar. Mine was re-engined by a neighbor so I never saw the original engine, and don't recall much about it. It too had a red frame, but researching it over the years I became convinced it was a Little Indian (same footpegs, same rear...
  8. V

My Father passed away overnight

Matthew 5:4: Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted Heartfelt condolences from my family to yours. Find solace in knowing that your Dad is in a better place now, free of pain, free of earthly concerns. I will include you and your Dad in my prayers at church tomorrow...
  9. V

Final questions on MBX10 engine upfit

Hello, welcome, and thank you! I used the PMR adaptor plate. It allows you to easily adjust the engine's position, compared with bolted in one fixed location if you just drill holes in the existing engine mount plate.
  10. V

FREE stock MBX10 engine

Anyone interested? Located in VT, may deliver to NY, VT, NH, or MA, would prefer not to ship but I will if you need this badly. Total run time about 30 minutes, barely used, looks and works like new.
  11. V

Popular?

Ha ha ha, funny how that works! I'm no longer ashamed to admit that I grew up in a neighborhood of spoiled kids whose parents had too much money (at least I've worked for everything in my life past age 18, unlike most relatives around my age). Everyone had go-carts. I started the two wheel...
  12. V

Motovox Doodle

drftrman-- what exhaust did you use? Clearance looks perfect!
  13. V

New kind of #35 chain master link...or what?

Awesome, thanks for the replies! I will do what I have to do...and yes, that was the seller.
  14. V

New kind of #35 chain master link...or what?

I ordered some master links on eBay. The photo in the auction shows the kind of master links I have been using for the past 35+ years of my life as a gasoline-powered toy enthusiast. What the seller sent were these below, like some weird form of link that I guess would work, but all of the...
  15. V

Thanks chipper...I ordered one of those chains! I am guessing that the chain really stretched during that first ride, as I had almost zero time on the chain with the OEM engine. I put a master link in, still found that the chain fit sloppy, then lo and behold it was finally slack enough to...
  16. V

Aaaaand...SHE LIVES!!! Thanks to davidlamb78 for the low oil sensor suggestion...that was the problem! Disconnected it and she fired right up and purrs like a kitten! I rode around my yard, which is pretty flat, for five minutes or so to familiarize myself. The throttle response is weird...
  17. V

Thanks again for all the replies. I have been working 12-hour shifts so have not had time to play around with the bike any more. I did get an NGK plug in case the OEM one is useless or defective. It had a nice, snappy, blue spark when I did test it.
  18. V

Yeah, I figured it should start easily like the OEM engine did. Hmm. Spark is present and looks good. Could there be a carb problem from the factory?
  19. V

Thank you! I now have the throttle return spring behaving well. Oiled 'er up, gassed 'er up, and...nothing! I pulled and pulled and she won't start. Tried moving the throttle to about 1/3 as the manual says, but no luck. It backfired twice but won't start. Been pulling for about 15 minutes now...
  20. V

Yeah, exhaust is definitely next on my list! Thanks to all who have chimed in on my thread. I am not the most skilled person at hands-on projects as my dad usually helped me with my minibike and go-cart when I was a kid, but I am learning and trying! Some of you are clearly gifted in all of...