Search results

1. S

Help, need pic of vplex torque converter

Anyone have clear pics of an undamaged vplex disassembled? Mine is a bit chewed up and I can't locate a clean pic to see clearly what it should look like. I've googled, and searched the site heavily and can't find what I need. Basically these same pics of an undamaged one. Any help would be...
  2. S

Mtd and roper gas tanks

Looking for either of these tanks- will trade repop mtd clutch cover (fiberglass) for good mtd tank.
  3. S

Wanted MTD gas tank

Actually need 2!
  4. S

Bonanza Bc 1100

Early bonanza bc 1100 with front pegs and Jack shaft ,mostly original bike, no clutch cover. H25 on it i believe is original motor, runs and rides. Asking $550, will ship as long as buyer pays freight. PayPal is preferred payment. Pm me your email for pics if interested. Located in Kenmore...
  5. S

Comet TC 88 Driven increasing belt size

Hey there, working on a MTD 250 currently and just realized over the weekend the TC Unit was mismatched with a Comet 20 driver and a TC 88 driven. It works but there is a dead spot on the throttle because of the rpm it takes to actually make it to the belt on the driver- I searched a ton...
  6. S

Ultimate which spark plug thread

Ok let's hear it what are your favorite plugs for a specific engine. I'm still trying to understand plugs. I see for my.ruppster, some say champion j-8c or rj17lm rj 19lm etc... j8 c has been problematic compared to others. My briggs 3 up also runs better on rj17lm. And if anyone has the...
  7. S

Welch Plugs and other diaphram Carb Q's

Hola! Been a while , summer has been busy! But back to some mini bike work! - Working on a 70 Roadster with a diaphragm carb. Motor has good compression 115lbs and good spark. I pulled the carb apart and went through it, removing 3 welch plugs and gave it a good soak, spray and compressed...
  8. S

Ruttman ,Lil indian or??

Any clue?
  9. S

Hs40 first timer

Hello there! Working on a cool hs40 from a mtd I have. My questions are about the bore and what is considered bad/good. And what specifically I should do with what I have. The bore looks OK, and to touch except maybe one I can get a fingernail in. Should I just re-ring and try honing it. Never...
  10. S

What is this

I'm too new still. Looks kind of like a Rupp except the frame is wider like a ruttman. Any help?
  11. S

Tire Size

Ok- A little confused on tire selection- I have a bonanza and two MTD's. So for the bonanaza for instance do I have to put on the exact same size ie; 410x350x6 or will the rims fit any of the 6 inch tires as long as it will fit in the frame/fenders? Iie; 530/450 x 6 Also say for a...
  12. S

Powell Wanted near Seattle

Interested in a powell, anyone local interested in selling or trade PM me- Have a Yamaha JT-1 mini enduro interested in trading- runs and rides, new clutch cable, and clutch and brake handles-
  13. S

Wanted Project MINI washington state- Roper-Taco-Tote Gote- or ?

Looking for a fun mid size mini to work on, prefer something with shocks and a torque convertor or two speed etc. Really would like a Roper or similar- Have cash for local bike- Running or not is ok- Pics appreciated- Thanks! Sark
  14. S

New Member washington state

Howdy, Great site! Been lurking a bit after I picked up a little Yamaha JT1 in a trade about a month back, on a whim- Then picked up a little green MTD Columbia (I think) for my 11 year old- He loves it(me too!) Definitely caught the bug!- I am in Kenmore, but also have a cabin in Tahuya-...