Ultimate which spark plug thread

Ok let's hear it what are your favorite plugs for a specific engine. I'm still trying to understand plugs. I see for my.ruppster, some say champion j-8c or rj17lm rj 19lm etc... j8 c has been problematic compared to others.

My briggs 3 up also runs better on rj17lm. And if anyone has the patience what's the difference from rj19lm???

And if you say search function!!! I have combed this site. Literally. Should be a sticky!!

Anyway would be a good reference!

For (unmodified) Briggs and Tecumseh engines NGK BM6Y. Years ago Champion plugs "used to be" the gold standard- not any more. About 8 years ago My son and I started getting Champion "duds" brand new out of the box. We went to NGK and never looked back (and never got another dud). Just take a look at what brand plugs most small engine repair shops and motorcycle repair shops used = NGK. That tells you something right there.
Michael

I make my purchase decision based on how attractive I find the manufacturer's logo/decal. That's as rational a means as any other. NGK's and Champion's logos are both iconic, so I use each brand - NGK in my Japanese motorcycles and Champion in my minis.

Thank you creia! I'm looking for specifics which plug model for what motor not just which brand. What works best for say an hs40, a briggs 3hp, 5hp, and a predator.

Thx!!

SAS289

For (unmodified) Briggs and Tecumseh engines NGK BM6Y. Years ago Champion plugs "used to be" the gold standard- not any more. About 8 years ago My son and I started getting Champion "duds" brand new out of the box. We went to NGK and never looked back (and never got another dud). Just take a look at what brand plugs most small engine repair shops and motorcycle repair shops used = NGK. That tells you something right there.
Michael
Years ago I had a new Champion "dud". Was kicking the hell out of my normally 2 kick RM250. Even had someone verify spark while I kicked. Put another plug in it and it started right up. The lesson there was that even though you see a spark, doesn't mean it is a good spark. In this case not good enough to start the 2 stroke engine.