Search results

1. D

Upstate SC minibikes drag night 2 July 26th

We're having another drag night on July 26th at shadyside dragway. They'll be bikes running all kinds of speeds so they'll be someone to race. We'll be running from 6-10 and the cost is $10 at the gate with kids 10 and under free. The last drag night was a success, we had over 100 people and...
  2. D

Azusa wheelbase

Anyone know the wheelbase (center of axle to center of axle) of an Azusa minibike?
  3. D

Upstate SC minibikes drag night

https://m.facebook.com/events/596451697405062?tsid=0.18038462432334423&source=result You can look us up on Facebook at upstate SC minibikes for more info. You can PM if you need anything. This is our first drag night, we'll be having one about once a month and also have some dirt races as...
  4. D

Chain tension on drag mini?

I'm about to build a big block minibike for 1/8 mile fun. I see some of the drag bikes are running tensioners and some are not. The bike should have a good bit of power from 3000-7500 on alcohol and I'll be running a 4 disk clutch and #35 gold on gold chain for now (hopefully it'll make some...
  5. D

Most power gravity feed with alky

I was wondering who has the most power/fastest ride that's gravity feed with methanol? I know it uses a large volume of alky but I'd like to run my setup with gravity, 1/4" outlet on the tank with 1/4" fule line to the carb. It's a 460cc big block that'll only be ran 1/8 mile drag and turn...
  6. D

Brakes for nitro 50 or live axle minibike

I ordered a nitro 50 rolling chassis without seat, brakes, throttle, and sprocket. I already have a couple of sprockets (65 and 70t) and sprocket hub, I'll make the seat out of plywood when the frame comes. The grips, throttle cable, and throttle assembly are on the way along with the pegs. Only...
  7. D

Peak power with my 460cc cam and carb setup

My engine specs are a 460cc with an ARC billet rod and flywheel, 7cc dished piston, jeremy Parsons ported head milled .080 with 40/33mm valves, 65# springs, 1.2 ratio Gage roller rocker arms, .307 lift 260 duration cam from NR, serpentine header, and a 34mm Mike Clements carb. I have a 4 disk...
  8. D

Tm34 flat slide mikuni tuning

I have a bigblock with ported head, big valves, header, billet rod and flywheel, cam, and a 34mm mikuni. It came with a 280 main and 50 pilot which is way big and running pig rich. I was wanting to know what jet size on gas some of y'all are using with this carb so I can get close without...
  9. D

Compression release working?

I have a bigblock that rope started fine with the head cut .050 and 35# valve springs. It still has the same cam (.246 duration, .260 lift) with a compression release. I have a new head that I got cut .080 with the same thickness head gasket as before (.020) but has 55# valve springs, and...
  10. D

Clutch slip or tach not accurate

I'm running 14/75 gearing with 13" tire turning 8640 RPMs on my cheap digital tach.the problem is it's only running 58.05 mph on GPS and was running 59-60 last time I was gpsing it. I have a mongrel shoe type clutch. I'm thinking about going with a disk, but don't know if my tach is just off, if...
  11. D

Anyone successfully running a 22mm mikuni on e85

My current build might not gain much going to e85, but my next build I'm going up even higher with the compression so I'd love to have my 22mm mikuni running on e85 already. I'd like to know a good starting point on jet sizes and needle jet placement. I've ran e85 in my drag cars with great...
  12. D

Gain going to disk style from shoe style clutch (1/8 mile)

Ran my mbx10 at the 1/8 mile track and only ran a 12.4 @55.xx. I know I'm heavy (250+lbs) but my bike doesn't launch real hard with my mongrel clutch, it really feels like it needs to engage at a higher rpm. I was wanting to know if it would probably knock some time off if I switched to a disk...
  13. D

Single disk bully

There's a single disk 6 spring bully clutch for sale locally and I was wanting to know if anyone has any experience with one? I'm 260lbs and will be running 1/8 mile drag with it and want to know how it will launch and holdup with the single disk? Any information will be appreciated.
  14. D

Chain and sprocket problems

My motovox with a built predator and a mongrel clutch with the stock 75t sprocket has been doing great so I changed to a 65t for more top speed. I put the sprocket adapter on with a two piece 65t sprocket on it. I have the numbers facing out and the way it should be mounted but the chain is...
  15. D

Fastest mbx10

I'm just waiting to see who all has fast motovox mini bikes. I broke mid 50's yesterday with mine in the rain, it had more left. I'd like to hit 60+ in the 1/8 mile. I love this bike.
  16. D

First start with built predator

I fired up the predator on the little db30 for the first time today. I have a temporary header on it for now and waiting on a catch can and some odds and ends. Video below, tell me what y'all think. It's a 212 with a ported Honda head cut .050, cm pushrods, champion rockers, SS valves, 26lb...
  17. D

Dyno numbers on black mamba cams?

I was wanting to know some real dyno numbers with engines running black mamba cams. I'm needing to know how much I need my clutch to stall. I'd like to at least hear what rpm peak torque was at. I'm running a black mamba cam in a predator with a 18cc Honda head milled .050, SS valves, ported...
  18. D

22mm mikuni problems

My setup below. I'm having problems with my 22mm mikuni carb. It only wants to run with the enricher open ("choke" on). It starts on the second pull with the choke on and idles great, when I turn it off it dies, even when warm. I can idle it up with the idle screw for the slide and make it idle...
  19. D

Instructions with OldMiniBikes swap plate

I ordered two engine swap plates for the two db30s I bought for my boys this week. The kit didn't come with any instructions on where to drill. Could someone give me some measurements on where to drill for the plate, or some instructions. Any help will be much appreciated.
  20. D

Bought two db30s

Picked up two db30s yesterday for my 10yo sons and ordered engine adapter plates and maxtorque clutches with space chain for them. I have a couple of predator 212s to throw on them. I even bought me a motovox mbx 10 for me that I'll swap my built predator on and all of us ride. I appreciate...