Search results

1. U

Boonie Build

I'll have to give the carpet padding a shot. Thanks for the idea.
  2. U

Boonie Build

I finally got to take her out for a spin last night. I didn't go too far, but I was able to test the brake out. I have heard how the drum brakes on these things are not very good so I had my expectations set pretty low for it. It wasn't too bad actually, I won't be stopping on a dime, but it...
  3. U

Boonie Build

Thanks guys for stopping in. Those seats really are nice. I guess I should ask, who is Karen, and how much does she sell them for?
  4. U

Boonie Build

So I basically have the entire bike put back together. I didn't beat up the paint job too bad putting her back together, but I had everything laid out on a blanket and really took my time. I still need to make or buy a seat, and armor all the tires. Here are a few pics, and I'll post some more...
  5. U

Lll Indy

Looks like fun, that bike is ALL engine:laugh:.
  6. U

Boonie Build

Thanks Manchester1!!
  7. U

Boonie Build

It seems to have turned out okay so far, and once I get the kickstand welded on tomorrow, I will be able to get the frame done. I also need to do the wheels. I'm getting pretty excited to put her back together, and thanks to some help from Chad from OldMiniBikes Warehouse, I was able to get a few new...
  8. U

Boonie Build

nds1968, thanks for stopping in!! So I am finally done with all the paint removal. I did a bit of research, and got some advice from the local body shop guy, and purchased some stuff to get going on the paint job. The first thing I did after all the paint was removed was to power...
  9. U

Boonie Build

I've got a bit of work left on the frame, but I picked up a dremel tool today so that I can get into all the corners and what not that I couldn't get to with the wire brush and sander. Here is how the frame is coming along. And here is the back wheel. I think this one is ready. I...
  10. U

Boonie Build

Thanks for dropping in Jack's, I will also be watching yours. Buckeye, the paint was a mess. There were places that had been painted at least 4 different colors :laugh: . I'm making some good progress, but I still have a bit of work to do to get it paint ready. I will post a few pics later...
  11. U

Boonie Build

I picked up an old Boonie about a month and a half ago. At first I just wanted to get it running, but after seeing some of the gems you guys here have put together I decided to rebuild the whole thing. I bought the bike for $100, and have since purchased a Predator 6.5 and a new jackshaft kit...
  12. U

New guy with a Boonie project.

While I'm waiting for this jackshaft to arrive, I decided to add a return spring to the throttle, it seems to stick a bit right before the clutch can disengage. While I was working on this, I realized my throttle cable has slipped out of the twist grip. I'm kind of at a loss as what to do, I...
  13. U

I pulled the trigger on the adjustable jackshaft through OldMiniBikes. While I wait for it to arrive, I'm going to tear the drum break off the back and see if I can get it working. When I wiggle the arm, it seems to be very loose inside, but it does seem to engage. When I get the brake figured out...
  14. U

The engine finally arrived this morning, and it couldn't have been any more simple to put that thing on and go. I took it for a spin around the block and it's really slow. I'm thinking about ordering the adjustable 5/8" jackshaft and sprockets from OldMiniBikes to get some more speed out of it. I'm...
  15. U

Thanks for the welcome, I will be posting an update once the engine arrives. And yes, I know I won't stop with one. If I remember correctly, there is an old Arctic Cat sitting in my grandma's barn that I might have to look into.
  16. Boonie Project

Boonie Project

boonie bike
  17. Boonie Project

Boonie Project

boonie jackshaft
  18. Boonie Project

Boonie Project

briggs engine 5 hp
  19. U

Hey everyone, my name is Blaine. I had a couple mini bikes as a kid and spent a good part of my childhood wrenching on or riding them. I have been wanting to get back into it for a while now that I have a son of my own. So when I saw a Boonie on the side of the road a few weeks ago with a for...