Search results

1. gwoods27

RuppRoadster2 Manual

Anyone out there have a PDF of a RuppRoadster2 Maintenance Manual Something that contains lubrication points, things to keep an eye on, etc... especially around the TC1 units.
  2. gwoods27

Oil burning on an HS40

I’ve got an HS40 that I had someone do work on. They said they replaced an exhaust valve, piston rings, honed the cylinder, new lighting flywheel, He said the valve guide looked worn but seemed ok with a the new valve. When running the engine, it always seemed to take a few tries to get it...
  3. gwoods27

H70 Lighting Coil

Looking for a lighting coil for an H70 points engine. Anyone know the part #? Can the same coil be used on other engines, like HS50/40 or H60/50 etc…
  4. gwoods27

WTB - Trail Horse Rear Wheel sprocket and band brake drum mounts

Looking for a Trail Horse 6” Rear Wheel (5 spoke) with both the sprocket and drum for band bake or even just the sprocket and band brake drum mounts
  5. gwoods27

HS40 exhaust port thread

Anyone out there know what size tap to use to thread the actual exhaust port on an HS40 block. I’m considering getting an HS40 block that’s not threaded for my 72 Roadster2 and need to be able to mate it up to the exhaust pipe.
  6. gwoods27

TrailHorse clutch brake wanted

Looking for this “TrailHorse” clutch brake See attached pic
  7. gwoods27

WTB Tecumseh/Rupp HS40

Looking for a lighted HS40 for a Rupp roadster 2 with the 3” shaft
  8. gwoods27

Rupp Roadster2 shipping question

Anyone have experience shipping a rupp roadster2? Im getting a quote from a seller of $300 to ship. Does that seem right? Could have swore other people were shipping them for $150
  9. gwoods27

5hp Piston ring question

I’m looking for std rings for my 130202 5hp. Is 299742 the correct part# rings for it. Bore Diameter measures between 2.5615 and 2.5625. It’s an aluminum bore so I need chrome rings
  10. gwoods27

WTB - Rupp Roadster 2 shocks

Looking for a decent pair of rear shocks for a 72 Rupp roadster 2
  11. gwoods27

HS50-62023 - Compression question

Any one know the proper compression reading for a HS50-67023. Just rebuilt one with new rings(measured proper gaps and gaps spaced properly), cyclinder honed, valves lapped, valve guides w/in specs, valve gap w/in spec. Im only getting about 60 psi. Shouldnt it be more than that?
  12. gwoods27

Speedometer/Tachometer solution

Anyone have a Speedometer/Tachometer solution for minibikes that they've implemented? Ive got some motors that have the governors removed and though it would be a good idea to atlease install a Tachometer to know when im reaching the RPM threshold (besides the usual way of finding out :rolleyes:)
  13. gwoods27

Valve Guide Question

Ive got a Briggs 5HP block that I thought had a bushing in the exhaust valve guide(See Pic). Tapped it and tried extracting it its bending the 2 Steel washers in using to extract it...it wouldn't budge(ive used the same tools on another block with no issue). Is it possible this is really a...
  14. gwoods27

HS50 Exhaust Valve question

Anyone know the difference in shaft diameter between the intake and exhaust valve on a Tecumseh HS50-67023. Im wondering if I need to purchase a oversize exhaust valve (I think its the 29315C). Theres a noticable difference in wiggle room between the exhaust valve in the exhaust port vs the...
  15. gwoods27

Help!...Ovesize Piston rings question

Long story short, I was in the middle of installing my new piston and one of the rings cracked. Looking for a set of .030 Piston rings for my 5hp 130232 engine. Is part # 298985 the correct one? I need chrome ones for the aluminum bore. Also, for some reason the piston ring compressor I...
  16. gwoods27

Piston Ring Question

I read somewhere that you should only use chrome rings on aluminum cylinders. I had recenitly purchased a Piston and Rings (.030) and one of the rings looks different from the others. The middle ring looks to have a silver coating (same for Oil Ring) and the top ring does not. Is this right?
  17. gwoods27

5HP break-in procedure question

Just got my 5HP (130232) block back from the machine shop. Had it bored .030 and have a new .030 Piston and rings. The guy at the machine shop mentioned there is a certain way to break-in a freshly bored aluminum block. Any one know of a special procedure for breaking in a fresh engine?
  18. gwoods27

Tecumseh ShortBlock Question

Anyone familiar with how to cross reference Tecumseh short block model numbers to engine numbers. In particular 754158 SBH-222
  19. gwoods27

Is this HS50 block worth saving

ok...I’ve torn down my HS50 67023. I noticed inside the crankcase the walls of the block are deteriorating. Is it junk now?
  20. gwoods27

Lighted Tecumseh question

Ive got a Lighted HS50 and was wondering if any one could recommend a voltage regulator to use with it so the light brightness doesnt fluctuate with the RPM of the engine.