Search results

1. D

jackshaft

That's what I was wondering about, figure I'd ask before I made chains up. Thanks
  2. D

jackshaft

Have couple with just clutch, had the jackshaft figured I'd try it. Also have a 13 year old thought it might slow mini bike down a bit
  3. D

jackshaft

I'm putting a predator 6.5 hp on a baja db 30. The 2.8 hp engine had a pmr jack shaft on it. I put on the predator engine. My question should I have the clutch drive the larger sprocket and have the smaller sprocket drive the rear sprocket. Or does it make a difference.
  4. D

Murray explorer gokart

Plan to work on murray gokart this winter, know I need a torque converter. Question can you put the drive sprocket on the outside of the torque converter in the rear and spacer the belt drive accordingly. . I have lining up issue of little outside space due to brake. I may need to motor over...
  5. D

Murray explorer gokart

Thanks! Gives me a idea or two. Not sure if I'm if I'm going to which way I'm going with the gokart. Could have use for the motor on another project. May shelf it to later. But know I need to go to a torque converter set up. Its sort tight for one, but it is doable. Thanks again.
  6. D

Murray explorer gokart

Hey I've been emailing couple times to Jim at maxtorque. Found out like you thought clutch isn't the way to go. He said they(murray) had two models one with a torque converter and one with a jackshaft. This one must been a earlier model or something. I undersized the chain and clutch. Missed...
  7. D

Murray explorer gokart

I'll do some looking and see I have a plate off a comet set up I used with the super bronc. Give me something to do next few days take care.
  8. D

Murray explorer gokart

Missed the email address for maxtorque, just sent them a email, I'll wait and see what they come up with.
  9. D

Murray explorer gokart

Found the manual for the murray explorer, think this a early model. Sorta kids model adult has hard time fitting in it, two place. It did have a clutch and chain drive. Orginally had welded bolts for rear axles, with one side pulling. Did not work well in the yard. Live in the Ozarks there is no...
  10. D

Murray explorer gokart

Didn't have the motor or drive, had a wheel with a sprocket, the manual on line showed it with clutch and chain. The manual was close but not exact match to the gokart. But what you said sorta makes sense. I'm using a comet on a heald super bronc, know they work with heavy loads. . I had...
  11. D

Murray explorer gokart

I bought a rolling murray explorer gokart back a couple years ago. I took apart rebuilt or replaced the parts. I used a predator motor on it. The single tire pull didn't work to well in the yard. So I used a piece conduit and bearings and put a 1" axle on it. It works well but eats clutches...
  12. D

Greyhound 196 backfire

I replaced the fuel line, it had a crack above the clamp. Put new fuel line and its running normal. Afterward replaced plug, so all should be good a while.
  13. D

Greyhound 196 backfire

I'll try that today or next day live a bit out town, so don't make in everyday. Also noticed a bit of a split on fuel line at the hose connection, not leaking but wondering if its drawing air. When get the plug may do line also. Anyway thanks for time. Have a good day.
  14. D

Greyhound 196 backfire

Also all help is appreciated.
  15. D

Greyhound 196 backfire

Trinik7597- I checked the valves they were a little loose, tightened to specs. Still wouldn't fire. I checked the flywheel key it looked good, cleaned carb just be sure and still the same. Is there anything else?
  16. D

Greyhound 196 backfire

I replaced the carb with a bigger jet, can't remember the size but was for the motor set up with the bolt ons I had. It's worked fine for several years till the last few months its got harder to start, then won't start. Did try starter fluid and it won't kick at all. Figure valve back lash or...
  17. D

Greyhound 196 backfire

yes to keep up with the header and breather. It was running but and basically wouldn't start. Would back fire, but no attempt to roll over. Checked plug for fire and it was damp (and firing). Did drain carb bowel but didn't take it apart. Out of carb cleaner. Figure Monday try clean carb, then...
  18. D

Greyhound 196 backfire

I did do the header and carb and breather. The governor is still hooked up and haven't changed the flywheel or cam. Basically stock with add ons
  19. D

Greyhound 196 backfire

Thanks appreciate the info I'll play with it next few days.
  20. D

Greyhound 196 backfire

Have a greyhound 196 motor on a mini bike. It will not start. Has fire and fuel. Cleaned plug, changed gas, cleaned carb bowel. It backfires as if out of time. Won't attempt to run. Any ideas or is out of time? Appreciate any help.