Search results

1. A

Baja Warrior Build

Unfortunately, I was unable to do any building and reviewing this past weekend, because my kit shipped incomplete. It was missing the carb jets and emulsion tube(not a big deal, people are people, mistakes happen). However, what I can review is the customer service from OldMiniBikes Warehouse. I...
  2. A

Has anyone done a foot brake mod?

Well if it's not hydraulic(which I believe most minibikes are not) it's really just a matter of getting or building a foot lever that can pull the brake cable just like the hand brake does. You could probably even use the existing cable and just cut it to length, and route it so it doesn't snag...
  3. A

New project..what funmaker (engine) to get?

Good to see you found an engine for your project. I myself bought a Chinese bike, because I work for an all-American company which believes that all profits should go right to the top 1% and American worker drones should get crap. So in other words I can't reasonably afford an American made...
  4. A

What does this really mean ?

It depends on the kit.. I got the "stage 1" kit for my 6.5 clone from OldMiniBikes warehouse, which included intake, exhaust, new carb jets, stiffer valve springs, a timing advance key, and some brackets and adapters to make everything fit correctly.
  5. A

Governor on a Predator 212

I did this temporarily on my warrior. It did speed up the bike a noticeable bit. However, I didn't like the extra vibration from the engine, and it sounded like it was going to explode, so I put it back.
  6. A

Tecumseh hs40

If you've got the air and the fuel(intake, exhaust, carburetor upgrade) the next step is making sure you have good spark. More fuel doesn't make a difference if it's not burning efficiently. Check the spark plug and if it's old and corroded then just replace. If it looks clean and newer check...
  7. A

$30 Junkyard Mini Bike Build!

Wow! $30 bucks is awesome for that! I definitely want to see where this goes.
  8. A

Baja Warrior Build

Yeah, I realize that removing the governor is the least expensive way to make power, at least until the engine explodes. But the right way to do it is giving it more power and torque at those lower RPMs, then increasing top speed through gearing, rather than faster engine speeds.
  9. A

Baja Warrior Build

Thanks! Will do.
  10. A

Pros and cons of 1 engine verses 2 engines

This sounds like a cool idea. My concern would be if they were turning slightly different rpms, the centrifugal clutch on the faster engine could be forced work so hard that it begins to slip, wearing it out much more quickly, because of the "drag" from the slower engine. Or I may just be...
  11. A

212cc carb on a 196cc clone?

This is a really helpful thread. I also have a 196cc clone, and plan to put a larger carb on down the road. It's good to know they have the same configuration. Will make aftermarket shopping easier!
  12. A

Baja Warrior Build

Received the parts yesterday from OldMiniBikes Warehouse to complete the first stage of my build. I ordered the stage 1 mini-bike kit, as well as a racing spark plug. I also got some exhaust wrap because of the location of the pipe right under the seat. Don't need any burns! I'll post pics of the...
  13. A

Ignition Timing Advanve make Big difference? Upgraded Camshaft.

I agree. You can get more performance from running regular fuel with proper timing than you can by just running a fuel mixture. In fact, without proper compression, a "race" fuel can actually reduce performance.
  14. A

Baja Warrior Build

Took this thing out for its first true test run the other day(one that didn't involve riding through neighborhood back alleys). Went out to the desert and rode on some un-official dirt bike tracks. I have to say despite it having a single speed and a cheap, noisy clutch, it runs really...
  15. A

Some simple mods I've done.

That's cool! I'd love to do that crate mod for my German Shephard pup, but I know she'd go flying out. Haha. Great ideas though.
  16. A

TrailMate Back from the barn

I like how you started the thread with a frame and an engine. That's all you need right? Haha. My project needs brakes badly, but I just have to build the engine first, because I'm safety conscious that way. :freakout: Also the wheels/tires on this thing are awesome! They remind me of those...
  17. A

Sears Puddle Jumper

Nice Bike! I love the clean look with minimal "stuff" happening. That blue paint job is awesome too!
  18. A

Bonanza chopper repairs

This looks like a really sweet project. I've never sprayed an orange, but I know deep reds are often tri-stage. That paint looks great for a single stage though! I can't wait to see more.
  19. A

things to be Aware of with Baja Warrior bikes > picture Heavy

Ouch... It really isn't what you say, but how you say it. You may feel that Chinese bikes are "bs", but you don't have to talk down to people "wasting their money" on these bikes. I think this thread was meant to be informative for people buying or considering these bikes, and things to look...
  20. A

Baja Warrior Build

Thanks! I've been reading around the forum for a bit now, and it seems pretty chill. I'm excited to post my progress and lend my experience.