Governor on a Predator 212

Is it possible to just adjust the Governor on a Predator or other clone 6.5 to just bump up the RPMs a little higher without having to remove it completely?

I'd rather have the limit set steady at 4k RPM and restrict it there rather ran running unbridled.

Thanks in advance.

trinik7597

might as well just leave it alone ... you will not see any noticeable difference between the 3600 its set at and the 4000 you want to adjust it to .

If you are using the stock throttle lever system that came on your engine then you can back out the throttle stop screw....kinda like Tim was saying you might not be able to tell much of a difference.

Is it possible to just adjust the Governor on a Predator or other clone 6.5 to just bump up the RPMs a little higher without having to remove it completely?

I'd rather have the limit set steady at 4k RPM and restrict it there rather ran running unbridled.

Thanks in advance.
Or just remove the governor, people act like its a big no no. It's a small engine that costs $100
But buy the correct parts for safety and you'll see a big difference .

Or just remove the governor, people act like its a big no no. It's a small engine that costs $100
But buy the correct parts for safety and you'll see a big difference .
The reason it is a no no around here is because the owner of the site does not want the liability for other people's mistakes and bad advice.

I suggest you take a close look at the magnet on the flywheel.
Its held in place with a machine screw and some epoxy
Look at the general layout of the engine the shape of the coil, the gaps around the magnet and then then think about how a magnet failure can cause the whole assembly to break up and fly outward like a grenade.

What is the probability of that failure?
I can't answer that, but I have seen several failures and I am scared of it.

The owner of this site is scared of it too.
Many other people are so scared of it they had Steel billet flywheel made to eliminate the risk.
And here it is.
http://www.gofastkartparts.com/wp-content/gallery/clone-performance-parts/Billet-Steel.jpg

A.J.

If you are using the stock throttle lever system that came on your engine then you can back out the throttle stop screw....kinda like Tim was saying you might not be able to tell much of a difference.
I did this temporarily on my warrior. It did speed up the bike a noticeable bit. However, I didn't like the extra vibration from the engine, and it sounded like it was going to explode, so I put it back.