Search results

1. P

Idle problems on predator 212

I am a little confused with ur last post evil tweety bird I did use the key that OldMiniBikes warehouse sent with the kit, is this what ur asking me?? And is that the problem? So the billet flywheel has a built in timing advance it already? If that's the case I need to pull it off and just use a stock key?
  2. P

I went back through everything reset valve lash again re gaped plug and used a new plug re gapped coil made sure I had no air leaks and I can get it to start buy won't idle although it does response to me increasing the throttle when it does run but still ends up dying anyou ideas?
  3. P

How can I check to see if the timing is correct and I have the valves set at 002 and 003
  4. P

I have no load on the motor currently as I have taken the clutch off the crank for now. Sometimes when I go to yank the pull start in jerks back i have checked the valves and they open and close correctly this have a stage 2 high performance kit on it from OldMiniBikes warehouse and I have a 6625 billet...
  5. P

Yes most of the time it is with the choke closed or I may open it a 1/4 turn I have to mess with the choke and the throttle sometimes just to get it to start
  6. P

I had a small vacuum leak that I have fixed, but still it will foul out plugs and not idle when moving the throttle lever it will die when I try to open it up all the way
  7. P

My problem is now I can get it to start and idle but not without feathering the throttle and even then it will still die any ideas??
  8. P

I did its a brand new carb that's on it
  9. P

Yes I have upgraded all the recommended parts
  10. P

I have cleaned the carb and I don't have the linkage hooked up to it right now
  11. P

Can't get predator 212 to idle it revs up and down on its own there r no adjustment screws on carb I think it's a fuel air mixture problem any ideas?? Also when I try to give ithe any throttle it won't review it just dies
  12. P

Predator 212cc wheels spiningredients as soon as I start engine

No its a stage 2 high performance kit I ordered from OldMiniBikes the carb is pre set from the factory and I don't have and linkage hooked up
  13. P

Predator 212cc wheels spiningredients as soon as I start engine

Can't figure out why my tav2 engages as soon as I start go kart I took the linkage off of throttle but the wheels will spin on the lowest possible setting also fouling plugs like crazy and when I try to give it more throttle it boggs down and dies it has also backfired a couple times any ides???
  14. P

Predator 212cc

No clutch is cleaned and re lubed chain is not tight I reset valve lash again it will start when I spram starting fluid into carb bug won't stay running and I have checked to make sure I'm getting fuel to carb and I am and once again when I start it it automatically starts spinning the rear tires
  15. P

Predator 212cc

I don't have the throttle linkage hooked up it increase the the throttle on the carb off of turtle it just wants to grab and go it's as if I don't have neutral
  16. P

Predator 212cc

I put a stage 2 kit on my go kart from OldMiniBikes and a billet flywheel my problem is it takes a lot of pulls to start it and most of the time won't start and when it does it automatically just wants to go can't get it to stay running and idle without taking off on me any ideas?
  17. P

Predator 212cc won't start

It will only start when the choke in the closed position and if I open it at all it dies, it also takes a few pulls to get it started as well
  18. P

So I got this kart all back together and running and with the stage 2 high preformance kit from OldMiniBikes it comes with a new carburetor that's already pre adjusted, but I can't get the kartime to idle throttle has to be 1/2 open to start and obviously it will just take off across the yard...
  19. P

Thanks for the advice, that ended up being the problem after reseting the lash on the exhaust side it fired right up, I can't seem to find anywhere online what the compression reading for the 212 predator should be does anyone know I have 2 motors both are around 30 -40 pounds