Idle problems on predator 212

I went back through everything reset valve lash again re gaped plug and used a new plug re gapped coil made sure I had no air leaks and I can get it to start buy won't idle although it does response to me increasing the throttle when it does run but still ends up dying anyou ideas?

Any chance you used the wrong shaft key? Like you used the new flywheel that has an 8 degree advance built in, and used the offset key some use to increase the timing? Would have the timing way way advanced.

Only other thing i can think of would be the idle jet is clogged, since it "seems" to run okay off idle.

Last edited:
I am a little confused with ur last post evil tweety bird I did use the key that OldMiniBikes warehouse sent with the kit, is this what ur asking me?? And is that the problem? So the billet flywheel has a built in timing advance it already? If that's the case I need to pull it off and just use a stock key?

I am a little confused with ur last post evil tweety bird I did use the key that OldMiniBikes warehouse sent with the kit, is this what ur asking me?? And is that the problem? So the billet flywheel has a built in timing advance it already? If that's the case I need to pull it off and just use a stock key?
It sounds like you have way too advanced timing with both the FW and the key, assuming it's an advance key.

The ARC flywheel is set at 32 degrees advance(advertised) using the offset key will advance it more. Too much. Put the stock key in it and give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk