Search results

1. O

130212 with choke a matic throttle link with governor

I’m working on a 130212 with a choke a matic and can’t figure out what to do for throttle linkage installation. I would like to keep the choke a matic remote control on top of the engine for choking and engine kill switch but also have remote throttle WITH the governor. I believe the choke...
  2. O

Here's the new Flathead

I had some time to start to dig in today. It looks a lot better than I anticipated despite still being pretty cruddy. I think this will clean up nicely and be ok. I can spin the intake valve barely. It takes a good amount of trying, but I'll get them out, lap them and grind if needed. I...
  3. O

Flathead type can't be found.

Hey all, I just purchased my first flathead today! The #'s are 130212 0659-01. I found the chart that explains the model # info and also the code but there's nothing out there to specify exactly that the type #'s mean other than they stand for colors, stickers etc.. No one selling...
  4. O

Hand Bending tubing

Hey guys! I'm considering a scratch build for a simple mini chopper using 7/8" tube but I've only ever worked with square tube before. Is it possible to hand bend 7/8" in a jig or over a homemade mandrel of some sort? If so, is cold bending ok? Thanks for the help here!
  5. O

Hound/Hot Dog handlebar fitment???

Can someone please tell me how they accomplished the fitment and pull back of the round rod or tube handlebars into the square tube of these mini bikes? It seems to me if you just angled them in and welded you would not get enough material in there for it to be a very strong junction. Example:
  6. O

Greyhound 2.5 governor or (please help a dummy)

Would someone please help out a newb! I'm confused as to how use the governor properly. I want to keep the governor on and use the linkage throttle stop. Do I have this set up properly? There is an awful lot of spring tension to move the governor arm back to idle when the throttle arm held...
  7. O

First mini bike-Drover or Bird Duck

Woot Woot!!! I'm an official member now! I picked up my first mini bike today from craigslist. It's either a Sears Drover or Bird Duck, I can't tell which. Seems like I read a post a while back about the front seat attachment being the way to tell for sure. I'll post pics later this...
  8. O

Is there a list of all mini bikes?

Is there a comprehensive list of all mini bikes through the years? I would LOVE to see all the different manufacturers offerings and the old ads to see which ones I like the best and research them.
  9. O

New member hello

I'm just dropping a note to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. I just got the mini bike bug and am hopefully (fingers crossed) picking up a Sears Drover or Bird Duck this weekend. I'm not sure which yet. I used to have a very small 3 wheeled gokart as a kid that I cherished and...