Search results

1. G

Honda GC 160/190

Rapidrob For $10 the HF pipe is the way to go. I built 2 pipes one shorty header straight down and kicked out by foot peg. Loud and made a nice flame on decel Throttle isn’t hard once you fab something to hold the cable I think a mikuni would be perfect on this engine. It’s...
  2. G

Honda GC 160/190

Haven’t been on in awhile. I used a habor freight motorcycle wheel chock. 1 inch has bends I made 2 headers with one pipe Large washer on engine and gasket maker.
  3. G

Perkiomen Minibike & Scooter Meet (PA) May 10/11

I’ll be heading up Need a 5hp briggs this year
  4. G

Stuttering Briggs

I’ll drop the gap down to .010. Thanks for info
  5. G

Stuttering Briggs

Ok. The lil Indian is cruising with the 4 hp briggs (1965) the carb was cleaned and new diaphragm installed governor disabled By no means intended to be racer or land speed missle I would say it might go 20 or 25 mph. Problem is if I turn the needle in (lean mixture I assume) bike will...
  6. G

So anyway..happy July 4th..

Happy 4th of July to everyone!
  7. G

Tiny Tach reset button how to

I have a total of 3 tiny tachs. Purchased thru them directly. I felt the same way about buying the real thing but not one works correctly and I’ve cut them open and reset them all. They just never work long enough to get accurate info If I ever get another one it’ll be a knock off. I just use...
  8. G

Wheel, brake, combo??

Building 2000 lil Indian. Spent the money for the rear band brake and drum. I’m not satisfied with its stopping power It’s not very good at all. I recommend Clutch brake all the way. I will be fabbing up a bracket for mine
  9. G

Lil Indian

I assembled enough to take a ride. Engine runs really good. Has enough power for what I want to do. I will say the band brake on the rear wheel is not going to be there long. I will fab up a bracket and move it to the clutch. I needed to do something with the peeling chrome fenders so I took a...
  10. G

Lil Indian

Made some progress today. Brake drum needs to be spaced out farther I stripped the paint off the starter shroud but not a good day for painting Shouldn’t be long before I take a ride Craig
  11. G

Lil Indian

I will take you up on that offer Thanks minibikin. I received most of the parts I need to get it to be a rider. I purchased the briggs starter clutch tool for the tool box. I’m mostly excited about the decals I got for the engine I did not receive all the wheel spacers so I’ll see if the...
  12. G

Lil Indian

Got some parts today. The only question I have right now is ...... does the thread pitch really matter when drilling the crank. 5/16 -24 is the preferred. I don’t think I have that tap on hand. Any other size acceptable? I have a small drill press so I’m not worried about that Just the...
  13. G

250cc briggs

This engine is on a go kart. Bought it November of last year. Carb was pitted and not rebuildable. Got a replacement for it and put it on today. Idles and revs good up on jack stands. Put a load on it and pops out the carb and stalls. It’s an OHV engine. Valve adjustment first? The crank...
  14. G

Lil Indian

Got some parts today. But not enough to make it a rider. This wheel spacing and bearing sprocket seems over complicated. The sprocket is a nice piece and the brake and drum seem like quality parts. Ordered some stuff from OldMiniBikes that should arrive mid week
  15. G

Breaking keys

I’ll say not tight enough and missing the bell washer. Minibikin used his flywheel tools and torque wrench I’m waiting on parts from allied so I’m not riding the bike just start some idling some revs Still holding together. Great people on here and tons of knowledge Thanks Craig
  16. G

Breaking keys

Thanks for your help minibikin Ran the engine a bunch of times and it’s still running
  17. G

Lil Indian

Thanks for the info folks I just got off the phone with allied great people on the phone I ordered everything I need to make it a roller I’ll need a clutch and throttle to ride. I was told the 0400 means welded on April of 2000. The following number is the number of frames welded in...
  18. G

Lil Indian

Thanks for all the info. The paint was rustoleum “hammered” standard Walmart. They had a version of just gloss. The paint literally ran of the engine and I was kinda upset. All my cleaning effort gone to waste. After a few days drying in this crappy weather it doesn’t look bad I didn’t do the...
  19. G

Unknown Briggs 5hp parts.

I don’t see any pics
  20. G

Lil Indian

I’ve been to the allied site and don’t see much that looks like what I want. Although I don’t know what I want I reached out to them via email and I’m waiting to see if I hear back. My original plan of my buddy turning some parts is still an option. Thanks for the help Craig