Lil Indian

Picked this up from a member here I know it’s a newer model but can’t really find any info on serial numbers
Got the 4 hp to go with it. This has aluminum mags My first question is what kind of set up is used to fasten sprocket and drum I have a machinist buddy that can turn things for me I have a rough idea of what would work. Any pictures of this part would be helpful otherwise
I’ll be asking more questions as time goes on
Thanks Craig

Attachments

ugmold

I’ve been to the allied site and don’t see much that looks like what I want. Although I don’t know what I want I reached out to them via email and I’m waiting to see if I hear back. My original plan of my buddy turning some parts is still an option. Thanks for the help
Craig

ugmold

I took the same approach Craig. Far better to call, tell them you have a 2 piece frame model and they will know what you need.

Thanks for all the info. The paint was rustoleum “hammered” standard Walmart. They had a version of just gloss. The paint literally ran of the engine and I was kinda upset. All my cleaning effort gone to waste. After a few days drying in this crappy weather it doesn’t look bad I didn’t do the pull start cover because I would like new decals for it. I might try to get another briggs for my rupp. The Honda is great engine came off a pressure washer I changed the oil and it just keeps going
Thanks again
Craig

Thanks for the info folks
I just got off the phone with allied great people on the phone I ordered everything I need to make it a roller I’ll need a clutch and throttle to ride. I was told the 0400 means welded on April of 2000. The following number is the number of frames welded in order. If that makes any sense

Got some parts today. But not enough to make it a rider. This wheel spacing and bearing sprocket seems over complicated. The sprocket is a nice piece and the brake and drum seem like quality parts. Ordered some stuff from OldMiniBikes that should arrive mid week

Got some parts today. The only question I have right now is ...... does the thread pitch really matter when drilling the crank. 5/16 -24 is the preferred. I don’t think I have that tap on hand. Any other size acceptable? I have a small drill press so I’m not worried about that Just the size
Thanks craig

Got some parts today. The only question I have right now is ...... does the thread pitch really matter when drilling the crank. 5/16 -24 is the preferred. I don’t think I have that tap on hand. Any other size acceptable? I have a small drill press so I’m not worried about that Just the size
Thanks craig
If you need to borrow the 5/16x24, let me know. I have the crank drill guide as well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will take you up on that offer Thanks minibikin. I received most of the parts I need to get it to be a rider. I purchased the briggs starter clutch tool for the tool box. I’m mostly excited about the decals I got for the engine I did not receive all the wheel spacers so I’ll see if the farm store has any tubing I can fab up. I think I read the spacers are 2 1/8 inches and I’ll figure out the brake side
Thanks
Craig

832BAA65-7ED2-4737-83AF-80265E8E0AEB.jpeg 7F347D14-C96C-4017-8A99-5DE541495DD6.jpeg BFC924A4-B2F5-47F3-BCA8-3D3936EB7DCA.jpeg F324871A-8E3C-45B9-A64B-207239863D29.jpeg
Made some progress today. Brake drum needs to be spaced out farther I stripped the paint off the starter shroud but not a good day for painting Shouldn’t be long before I take a ride

Craig

I assembled enough to take a ride. Engine runs really good. Has enough power for what I want to do. I will say the band brake on the rear wheel is not going to be there long. I will fab up a bracket and move it to the clutch. I needed to do something with the peeling chrome fenders so I took a chance on some chrome spray paint and it turned out pretty nice
Thanks for all the help
Craig

Attachments