Search results

1. G

Stuttering Briggs

Ok. The lil Indian is cruising with the 4 hp briggs (1965) the carb was cleaned and new diaphragm installed governor disabled By no means intended to be racer or land speed missle I would say it might go 20 or 25 mph. Problem is if I turn the needle in (lean mixture I assume) bike will...
  2. G

250cc briggs

This engine is on a go kart. Bought it November of last year. Carb was pitted and not rebuildable. Got a replacement for it and put it on today. Idles and revs good up on jack stands. Put a load on it and pops out the carb and stalls. It’s an OHV engine. Valve adjustment first? The crank...
  3. G

Lil Indian

Picked this up from a member here I know it’s a newer model but can’t really find any info on serial numbers Got the 4 hp to go with it. This has aluminum mags My first question is what kind of set up is used to fasten sprocket and drum I have a machinist buddy that can turn things for me...
  4. G

Breaking keys

4hp 1965 briggs. Took the engine apart just to clean and paint. New head gasket carb kit and magnitron. Flywheel off Had aluminum key I believe Reassemble set air gap to roughly.020 Fires up immediately sounds good raise the rpms it rattles makes noise bang busted key. Replace with a...
  5. G

Electronic conversion

I’d like to do this on my briggs What parts are required? Does any modern coil work Does the flywheel need to be change out Thanks Craig
  6. G

First briggs

Picked up 1965 briggs. Where is a good place to source parts? I’m not familiar with these yet. I need carb kit and head gasket to start with. Would like a full gasket set also Any info would be appreciated Thanks Craig
  7. G

Help getting new carb

I have a briggs1150 series on a go kart. Carb is pitted bad. There is a# 215369 on it also2005 06677 223470 on the butter fly. I ordered the wrong carb the first time. Any help is appreciated Thanks craig
  8. G

Just picked up

Grabbed this today. I know it’s a Manco I’m certain it has incorrect engine this is sporting a Briggs 1150 series I didn’t have time to do much last night. Aired the tires pulled the spark plug I managed some sputters on carb cleaner. Had really bad gas in the tank. I’ll clean the carb and...
  9. G

Head lights

What do the guys use when they don’t have a charging circuit? I’m guessing a bicycle style that clamps on would work Question is which ones are bright enough to get the job done and not break the bank I’d like to buy the correct one the first time Thanks again Craig
  10. G

Helmets

Who wears them and what do you like? I’ve been looking for a vintage helmet but the ones I see I don’t want to put near my head. I see amazon sells some repop vintage style ones with cool colors and all. Being brand new I would gladly wear one. Currently not wearing one and the more I ride...
  11. G

Gc header

Fabbed up a header Got the idea here from searching old threads Not pretty yet because I had to put it on and try it I plan on wrapping it!
  12. G

Making a seat

Does anyone have any tips on making a seat with vinyl? I made one for my rupp . Turned out ok. I'll use it for now Has to be some tips on how to make one better Thanks Craig
  13. G

Unknown kart. Help

Picked this up yesterday If anyone can identify or add info about this it would be appreciated It's heavy. The front tires are air filled the tears are solid hard rubber. The brakes push against the back Of the wheel. Steering wheel seems like solid stainless ? Don't know
  14. G

Breather

Gc 5 hp I removed the air cleaner assembly to fab up my linkage because it's a pain to work on I plugged the breather hose and took a few laps on it Now it is pushing oil out of the fill plug and the govenor arm at the block Other than put the air filter box back on is there a solution for...
  15. G

Oil drain plug

Can anyone tell me if the drain plug on a Honda gc160 is metric thread or standard pipe thread Would like to extend it a bit. Always like to have the right parts before I start Thanks in advance Craig
  16. G

The Grupp

Starting on my project "The Grupp" Purple will be the color I think it's a 1968 rupp c250 I done a lot of cleaning and some mock up What u see is what I bought except the engine which a friend donated for the cause I have a bunch of pictures I'll post Craig
  17. G

Hello My name is Craig. New here of course. Picked up a what I believe is a rupp c250. I've done a lot of cleaning so far . Plan is to keep it and enjoy it. I will be going to the Bowers pa show next weekend. Hope to maybe buy some parts up there Thanks for having me here. I've...