Search results

1. Cpl2442

First Mini Bike

Saddle Bags and Seat installed. Besides cleaning up some wiring, I'm willing to say this project is done!
  2. Cpl2442

First Mini Bike

Don’t mind the wiring mess. This is just to make sure everything works. Push button start! https://youtu.be/BLFLhzxmvzk
  3. Cpl2442

First Mini Bike

Some rough wiring today. The hole to the left will one day be for push button start. Not in the in budget yet. Headlight Tail lights. These are actually LED running board lights from TSC.
  4. Cpl2442

First Mini Bike

Got the battery box fabbed up and welded on. Primed and painted.
  5. Cpl2442

First Mini Bike

Got the brakes installed for the first time since this journey began, excited to try them out.
  6. Cpl2442

Briggs Animal block- drilled and tapped?

There is no billet flywheel with charging magnets. The WF flywheel has a starter gear, but no charging magnets. Someone really needs to tap into that market.
  7. Cpl2442

First Mini Bike

We had a warm weekend in Michigan. In the high 40s. And I did a lot of riding. SOl MUCH FUN. One thing is clear... the seat needs to get done. Also, I need lock-tite on the exhaust bolts. I lost one and the other was super loose. Also, the battery box needs to get done and wiring to complete...
  8. Cpl2442

Briggs Animal block- drilled and tapped?

Quick question: are the “studs” for alternator mounts (under flywheel) drilled and tapped? And are the holes drilled and tapped for the starter?
  9. Cpl2442

First Mini Bike

Quick update: all rattle canning has been done. I believe this will be the paint job for the summer. This will allow me the whole riding season to figure out any changes I may want to do. Then next winter I will take it all apart for the final powder coat. Trust me, I want a good looking bike...
  10. Cpl2442

First Mini Bike

Okay. We got some work done. Rear “running” lights, which are side board LED lights from the local Tractor Supply, are installed on the fabbed up light bracket. Drilled holes to run the wiring inside the tubing to clean it up a bit. So it’s at a very exciting part at my build. I have a second...
  11. Cpl2442

First Mini Bike

So the chrome spray paint is awesome. Until you try to clear coat it, then it just turns into gray. You guys were right. Anyways, got the frame painted with hammered black and clear coated. Not meant to be permanent, just to stop the rust from having free reign until power coating.
  12. Cpl2442

First Mini Bike

Also set up the red neck paint booth. Despite all the negative experiences with chrome spray paint, we are gonna try it.
  13. Cpl2442

Intek, Animal, 206- 12v Starter

Follow my build thread to see if this idea pans out... https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/projects-and-rides/147511-mini-bike-5.html#post1157137
  14. Cpl2442

First Mini Bike

So all intek/animal/206 Briggs engines have the “studs” in the block for an alternator and starter. Whether they are drilled and tapped for it depends on the model. (From what I can tell, the animal blocks are all drilled and tapped). On my version of the Intek, all 4 holes were drilled. And...
  15. Cpl2442

lighting coil

I'm in the same boat right now with an Intek 206. I'm assuming you already have a flywheel with magnets in it? I have a total of 3 inteks that I've accumlated and the last one I've torn into now has a flywheel with a starting gear wheel and magnets on flywheel with a 1.5 amp DC stator inside...
  16. Cpl2442

lighting coil

delray, Have you looked at the chart put out by Briggs? http://www4.briggsandstratton.com/miscpdfs/RNT/alternator_id.pdf It gives the general model number that each alternator will go to.... i don't know if covers flatheads
  17. Cpl2442

2018 Build Off questions and answer thread

Total disclosure: I started my from scratch bike a long time ago (See thread "First Mini Bike" on Projects and Rides) I am 100% planning to have this totally done this year. I thought I seen a category that had already started bikes already? This where I'm at right now.... Is it possible to move...
  18. Cpl2442

Street smart. Thanks for the offer, but amazon has this starter for 40$ with free shipping. I don’t think what I would offer you would be worth your trouble. Thanks though!
  19. Cpl2442

I am now 99.9% sure that this starter and flywheel will work on an Intek 206/Animal block.
  20. Cpl2442

First Mini Bike

Thinking about picking up some chrome spray paint for the handle bars.