Search results

1. R

1971 Rupp Hustler $1,000

1971 Rupp Hustler - bike was completely stripped down to frame. Each part was either replaced or restored. Engine has been replaced but with period correct HS40. Everything is in excellent working condition. Asking price: $1,000 Cell: 781 424 8404 I live south of Boston, MA but could...
  2. R

1970 Rupp Roadster - $1,500

1970 Rupp Roadster - bike was completely stripped down to frame. Each part was either replaced or restored. Motor is original and runs excellent. Surface rust on handlebar is just that. Flat black pain was what my son chose. He's now too old for the bike. Rims are in good shape. Muffler is the...
  3. R

1970 Rupp Roadster for sale - $1,700 or B/O

1970 Rupp Roadster - bike was completely stripped down to frame. Each part was either replaced or restored. Motor is original and runs excellent. Surface rust on handlebar is just that. Flat black pain was what my son chose. He's now too old for the bike. Rims are in good shape. Muffler is...
  4. R

How much are these Rupp mini bikes worth?

removed post. Apparently this question is not in keeping with the rules. Hoping an admin can delete altogether.
  5. R

Tecumseh Carb Question

HS40 55512H SER 2095B - the carb is leaking gas. would rather replace. can someone either send me a link to the right carb or a link to a site where I can find the part number? I've spent hours trying to figure it out but with no luck. Thanks in advance!
  6. R

Carb keeps leaking gas!

Have a 71 Rupp Roadster and Hustler. Both have what I believe to be the correct slanted manifold. Both have new carbs. Both leak gas out of the choke. What am I missing?!
  7. R

Tecumseh HS40 Carb Replacement

1970 Rupp Roadster with Tecumseh HS40 55282B. I have the slanted bracket but the carb needs to be replaced. I'm fine with the Chinese part...will just buy one every year. I can NOT find the right carb online. Does someone have a link to the right replacement carb for this motor?
  8. R

1971 Rupp Hustler - same engine as 70 Roadster?

Almost done with my 71 Rupp Roadster rebuild and am moving on to a 71 Rupp Hustler. Unfortunately, the engine shroud is missing, and the engine needs parts. It looks to be the same engine as the 71 Roadster - a Tecumseh HS40. I need quite a few parts. Can I assume the engines are the same?
  9. R

HS40 55282B carb part number?

Been trying to find a replacement carb for HS40 55282B. Online parts diagrams show carb as #237, but I can’t trace that number to an actual part number. I searched for 55282B carbs on Ebay and amazon - nothing. Anyone know the part number and where I can get a replacement? Thanks
  10. R

Tecumseh HS40 carb tuning specs

Anyone know the tuning specs for carb on HS40 55282B?
  11. R

HS40 parts?

1970 Rupp Roadster - I need a recoil starter kit. Where is the best place to buy parts online for a tecumseh HS40? Thanks
  12. R

Throttle Grip

1970 Rupp Roadster - almost there!! I think the throttle twist grip barrel (part #10511) is broken, and BlackWidow doesn't have any in stock. Can't find an exact match on ebay. Do you think this will work...
  13. R

Help mounting rear wheel on 1970 Rupp Roadster

I am trying to mount the rear wheel onto the frame, but when I tighten the bolt, the wheel does not spin freely. I'm wondering if I have the large exterior washer in the wrong position? Is anyone able to spot the issue in the pics?
  14. R

Early 70's Rupp Scrambler?

My second of two project bikes. I think it's an early 70's Scrambler but is someone able to confirm the make and year?
  15. R

70' Rupp Roadster - Frame Bent?

Disassembled bike, flipped it over and now wondering if the frame is bent. Not sure if you can tell from the pics? If it is, should I try to bend it back and if so, any recommended techniques?
  16. R

Replacement Engine for 1970 Rupp Roadster

Restoring my first minibike, a '70 Rupp Roadster, with my son and would like to get it running while I work on rebuilding the original engine. Any recommendations on a replacement motor? Will the new predator 212 engines fit?
  17. R

71 Rupp ??

Just bought two project bikes to work on with my boys. Picked up the first bike yesterday, and the seller thought it was an early 70's Hustler, but the wheels don't match what i'm finding by way of pictures. Maybe a 71 Scrambler? I've never restored a mini bike, so any other suggestions would...