Search results

1. DonK

Trisport MTS30 for my grandson

My grandson has been going through some rough times and I'm hoping this will take his mind off things for a while at least. He may be coming over today to see it.
  2. DonK

Trisport project done

My grandson was tired of sharing his trike with his Dad so at the request of my daughter I put together an RTS for my son-in-law. I hope he likes it!
  3. DonK

Trike ID

This is for sale on FB. I think I've seen the design before but can't remember what the manufacturer is. Anybody familiar with these? Thanks.
  4. DonK

Dunecycle Spider

This Trike started out as a Spider that my son had. Unfortunately, the McCulloch was far beyond saving so the project sat for a long time. We stretched the frame 5.5 inches and went more conventional with the power. 'Haven't run it yet except to make sure it fired on a shot down the carb. We'll...
  5. DonK

NOS Dunecycle

Putting together a "new" Dunecycle while we wait for parts to build the other trikes. NOS frame & forks along with tires, bearings and optional stuff came with a parts lot we picked up a while back. I go look at a low-hour era-correct Briggs tomorrow. It's getting to be a fun project already.
  6. DonK

Horstman CVT set NOS

This is from a Dunecycle dealership stock but I've seen Horstman on minibikes and karts as well. Both pieces are NOS and both drive and driven are 5/8" keyed. $300 shipped to continental US, or best offer. If you can pick it up in Linden VA, the price drops $20. Thanks.
  7. DonK

Giving an old Dunecycle a new life

Picked this up pretty cheap because it was in rough shape: frame broken in 2 spots, axle broken, bushings gone in the fork and the engine seized. I'm in the process of putting it together as a toy for my grandson. I found a Briggs 3.5 locally cheap and got it running, got the flotation tires to...
  8. DonK

Question about the Lil' SOB trike

Anyone know what engine came in the Lil' SOB (Snow or Beach) trike? There isn't much information online that I've found. The pictures look like a Tecumseh, probably 8 horse, but I'm not sure if that was stock.
  9. DonK

Dunecycle stuff

I finally got around to picking up all the stuff that a friend was holding for me a couple states away (thanks Scott!). We haven't sorted everything out yet but there are lots of NOS parts including a JLO 340 twin and never-used frame. Some pretty cool stuff! The trike on the left is a Rupp Rat...
  10. DonK

Found another Tricub!

When I sold my last Tricub, I got so much grief from my sons that I had to find another. This one is in much better shape than the last one was when I found it and much more complete. It'll be a fun winter project and I'm told that I can never sell this one.
  11. DonK

El Burro 5

My son and a good friend from racing surprised me with this beauty last week. I had one just like it as a kid and a "Super 8" a while later. This thing is very, very nice and I can't get over the gesture. Only problem is that I'm afraid to ride it for fear I'll scratch it!
  12. DonK

Any idea what this is (was)?

I'm putting together a mini for my grandson and I've had this frame for a while, don't know what it is. Looks to be quite a few foreign pieces welded to it, and the guy I bought it from told me there was a sidecar welded to it when he got it. It will be interesting to know who made it if you can...
  13. DonK

new (to me) Mohave!

My son just went to pick this up for me on Saturday. It needs work, but looks beautiful to me. It was a competitor in the 70s in the old NATVA east circuit and won a lot of races. The engine bottom end is tight, but the previous owner was running alcohol so it's to be expected. Can't wait to get...
  14. DonK

Dunecycle springer

I finally got my DC springer- had to drive a long way to get it, but it was worth it! The previous owner had done a lot of work and did a good job, but had moved the seat forward in order to fit the fuel tank in front of the engine. I'm not a tall guy, but there wasn't room for even me to ride...
  15. DonK

Trisport

I've had the machine for quite a while and finally was goaded into getting into the project. Locating parts was the hardest facet of the job, but it's finally coming together. CaptNugget; remember this one?
  16. DonK

Snowco Mini-scat

Almost have this one ready for the grandkids. Thanks to Smudvapor for finding it for us and picking it up! Once the controls are done and we tweak the jackshaft a little, we will put up a vid of the youngsters testing it out. The steering pivot was worn out, so we cut the old tube off and welded...
  17. DonK

Attex ATX50

I found another old picture of a bike I no longer have. I really miss this one, but a guy made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
  18. DonK

El Burro

Here's a picture of my son's El Burro. It started life as a "Super 8" I think, but when it came to us it was no more than a frame, front fender, axles and handlebars. We got lucky and a friend had an NOS front flotation rib tire and the rest we scrounged or fabricated. He wanted a CVT system so...
  19. DonK

Road trip!

My son and I went on along road trip- two days on the road and two new project trikes to show for it: an RTS and a Tricart. Long ride with not much sleep but worth it, and we got to see CaptNugget's collection!