Search results

1. J

How to "re-shape" tires

So I picked up a couple of new tires (145/70-6) tires for the new Dirt Bug project and they came all deformed in the box. Normally I guess I would try to put them out in the sun but its pretty cold here now and the sun is still pretty low so what are some other suggestions? I have them in front...
  2. J

I just couldn't stay away.....

Saw it on Facebook....no idea what it is but I bought it. Wouldn't ya know I just sold a fully detailed HS50 that would have been perfect for it. Oh well. Plans are paint, new seat, maybe a Predator motor, brakes, controls, etc etc......Gotta choose a color. Should be done for some spring...
  3. J

HS50 shipping costs?

I have a Tecumseh HS50 that I have cleaned up and I have had several people asking about shipping but I have no idea what it might cost. Yes, I understand it depends on where its coming from and to where its going but anyone every ship one. It will be going about 900 miles. Also...how did you...
  4. J

HS50 Good running

HS50 With 3/4" shaft. New: * Spark plug * Oil * Head gasket (cleaned valves and inspected bore) * Correct minibike throttle * Air cleaner * Pull cord * Carb * Fuel line Runs great. $350.00 pick up in Western Massachusetts.
  5. J

I hope this isn't a violation but...

Does an a good running Tecumseh 4hp have any value? Or are they a dime a dozen thing that would make a better piece of nice "shelf art" in my office?
  6. J

MTD Trail Flite

I have a MTD Trail Flite minibike with its original patina. The frame is super solid with its original foot pegs. Surface rust has been treated. Original decals. Engine is original I believe. It is a 2.5hp Tecumseh. I took the head off, cleaned the carbon and valves, re-assembled with a new...
  7. J

OK...I took the forum's advice

Got the MTD Trail Flite up and running and kept the patina look. Looks like original decals, original paint and original 2.5 Tecumseh motor. Lets see if the buying public is as keen on the "its only original once" as this forum was... :D
  8. J

The madness continues...MTD Trail Flite

It came up near by so I just had to....... Anything exciting about the history of the model? Its in nice shape. Good tires, seat, rims,. Just needs a good cleaning and some motor work. Of cours enew controls, new chain, new band brake. Not sure what color yet...I need to use up some paint so...
  9. J

Gearing insight....

Would love some feedback on my current gearing. Not really interested in top speed or out of the whole acceleration per se but rather is it too extreme? So: Tecumseh HS50 motor. Runs well. No real mods other than a minibike style exhaust. Hilliard Extreme clutch with 2300 engagement springs...
  10. J

Hilliard Extreme clutch

Bought a Hilliard Extreme centrifugal clutch for my Sundowner project and it seems like it was soaked in oil before shipping. It just will not engage. So I have cleaned it thoroughly with brake cleaner and oiled it per the Hilliard instructions. Haven't tested it yet. Question is two...
  11. J

Weird "Pffffffft.......pffffftttt sound

HS50 motor. Took the head off and cleaned things up. Everything looked real good. When I tried to get it running I can hear a real load "Pffft.....pffffft sound coming from the exhaust. I can get it running but not well. Almost sounds like it would be a cam timing issue in an old car motor...
  12. J

Ok...where would I find this?

I need a brake cable with a 3/8" barrel end that is at least 68" long. Any ideas?
  13. J

So....how much play?

I have a HS50 that I am working on for my Fox Sundowner project. I took the head off...it was very clean. The piston was very tight in the bore. However when I was sliding the clutch on I notice a little bit of end play in the crank. Maybe 1/8"....certainly not a lot but it had a little...
  14. J

Fox Sundowner Sprocket

As I begin reassembly of my Fox Sundowner project I started looked at the sprocket and it is far from flat. I thought I would just grab another but I think it might be as rare as hen's teeth. 60 tooth 2" center bore 2 5/8" diagonal bolt spacing 1 7/8" spacing bolt hole to bolt hole. Ideas?
  15. J

Chopper

I call it a "Mutt". I thinks its a compilation of many bikes. It has Sensation wheels. Maybe a Sensation frame. The front end was rebuilt with new springs and an inner liner for the front forks. Original seat New Predator motor, new brakes, new controls, new tubes for the tires, new sissy bar...
  16. J

!970 Rupp Scrambler

Selling my 1970 Rupp Scrambler. 5hp Tecumseh motor. Many new parts. Assembled with stainless steel hardware. Nice green paint. Lights work. Nice runner. Noram clutch New: Tires, chains, seat cover, foam, paint, controls, foot pegs, carb, exhaust, etc etc etc $1200 or best offer. Located in...
  17. J

Fox Sundowner

Well I guess you have to go backwards some before you can move forward right? Not a good sign when you spent a couple of hours with a cut off wheel!
  18. J

Jacobsen 98cc 4hp two stroke. Made in Japan

I really don't know anything about this engine. It spins freely. Looks complete. No idea if someone can use it or not, Would LOVE a local sale (01007) but I guess I could see what it would cost to ship. $100?
  19. J

Is a Jacobsen 4hp 98cc 2 stroke worth anything?

This came of the Fox Sundowner I am building. Looks complete. Spins. Clearly made in Japan Worth anything?
  20. J

Growing the collection.....