Search results

1. OddJobGarage

Tote Gote engine replacement?

I found these two old B&S motors. Are they a good replacement for a Gote? I need to get them running and then I think probably swap the fuel tank from the left to right side. Will they work? I've had a few folks balk at the idea of antique engines, but I feel like these are just fine.
  2. OddJobGarage

Treating rust inside the frame?

Hey all! Wondering if I should be worrying about the rust that I'm sure has built up inside the frame tubing. Is it something to be concerned with? Is there an easy way to treat it? Or should I just worry about external surfaces? I've started cleaning off the frame now.
  3. OddJobGarage

Tote Gote Resto: Rear Axle Removal?

Looking at the hardware, it seems like the top side nuts are welded to the frame, which seems to contradict a video I watched where a fella just took those off and the rear axle dropped right out. The bottom side are mismatched and the hex bolt has no visible threads. Couple of questions then...
  4. OddJobGarage

Picked up what I think is an old Tote Gote model B?

Wondering if anyone has advice on getting it running again! Rear axle seems like it might be seized, a lot of rusted bolts. I have some PB Blaster, but any other suggestions on how to tear down with minimal damage?