1/3 scale John Deere tractor , anything goes class

awesome that shaped up quick! Really looks the part. Devil is in the details as they say. especially with stuff like this where youre trying to copy the real thing.

awesome that shaped up quick! Really looks the part. Devil is in the details as they say. especially with stuff like this where youre trying to copy the real thing.
Thanks Jeep , as a scratch builder you know how much work it is to create from next to nothing

I have started on the steering linkages and must have 5 -6 hours of holding different pieces up tacking in places only to find it wont work or look right lol

I did manage to get it tucked over the engine and down in front of the grill , have to pick up some bits and pieces after work for the sspindles
Then with the wheels on I can really see what its going to look like

I have been slowly getting a bit more done

I figured out my steering system and fabbed up the front axle and spindles

The steering shaft runs just above the engine to the front behind the grill where it connects from a 16 t sprocket to a 40t sprocket

Front spindle

Made my rear hubs from 1/4 x 2 flat bar and some 1 id tubes

mounted to the 8 inch trailer wheels

Starting to look like a tractor !

:bowdown: truely awesome Rob.

Can you take some more pics of the steering. Curious are you using stops to limit the movement? How do you connect the link arms to the main gear?

That bucket has been kind to you brilliant creativity

Several pages ago you mentioned the governor and surging. There is a specific procedure for most small engines that involves tensioning the governor rod before tightening it in the correct direction of travel. If the main jet is out of adjustment, it will cause the same problem. Nice project. :)

I have been back to working on the JD

Cut the fender lips from a pair of trailer fenders , then welded in the sides , and mounted them to the floor boards
Broke down the rear wheels , painted the rims and mounted the new tires
Finished welding on the hood and did a bunch of grinding and polishing

On to the pictures

Cutting fenders

Side panels cut and welded

Floor boards

Rims painted

Mounted on tractor

I need to roll a hoop for the steering wheel and plan out the seat , then its time for grinding , filling and paint