145/70-6 OEM tire failure?

I think the cords pulled loose on my rear tire.

I was riding on my track, pretty fast and rear moved more than normal. When I came in and oiled the chain, I noticed the tire was out of round approx 1" to 2" in a couple of spots, with outside of tire bulging out in places.

I dismounted the tire and looks like some of the cords pulled loose on the inside, looks like strings loose on inside of tire carcass.

Anybody else have a tire fail like this? It's an OEM DB30 tire FarWay 145/70-6 4ply tire on the rear. I weigh approx 175#'s, and tire was aired to approx 9#'s psi.

Still rides OK, but I am thinking it will just get worst. I don't want it to come apart while I am riding it, so I replaced it.

Any comments welcomed.

tire not very old, OEM tire on used new style DB30, maybe 2 or 3 years old at most, still looks very good condition, riding on dirt these tires last long time, maybe had 6 to 8 hours hard riding on it...

was doing approx 20mph when happened, maybe hit a rock that did it, or more likely tire just gave up...

I had a front tire deflate during a topspeed test i was doing. I was stairing at my phone (gps speed app) and just hit 33mph when i felt something weird. Looked down to see my front tire come right off the rim! Needless to say- i ate shit at 30mph+ on a freshly chip and sealed road. That hurt pretty bad. Now i buy good quality tires and inspect them regularly.

I have cheap china tires on my hand truck. Last time I used it tires were fine, yesterday I noticed the tread was separating and there's 2 bulges in the sidewall. If the little tires fail easily makes me wonder about all the cheap passenger car tires they're shipping over here

tire not very old, OEM tire on used new style DB30, maybe 2 or 3 years old at most, still looks very good condition, riding on dirt these tires last long time, maybe had 6 to 8 hours hard riding on it...

was doing approx 20mph when happened, maybe hit a rock that did it, or more likely tire just gave up...
6 years is the shelf life on good rubber,cheap Chinese tire maybe a 1/4 of that.

tire sidewall reads: FAR WAY 145/70-6 nylon 4ply, 5psi operating pressure, 24psi max to seat bead

Maybe overinflated, for dirt I usually run front at 5 to 6psi, rear at 8 to 10psi, I think just defective tire.

Tire going to landfill today...

Hello deesel, thanks for post, I can see myself going down from time to time, I know it will hurt. Only spills I have had so far are slow ones with front end washing out, maybe bang knee a little, hope I don't have a big one coming.

I do not bounce like I did 50 years ago, so I go slow and to me it is still fun, fun, fun. I feel for anyone that bites it because it always hurts.:smile: